• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cv quilter
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Stick a fork in it! Done!

Lucky daughter, Jean! This is so beautiful! The design of this quilt is so wonderful. I love the whole thing, love how you quilted it and the backing is fantastic. Happy Happy Birthday to your daughter. So glad you have completed that beautiful quilt and thanks for sharing your pictures.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by RiverMomm View Post
      First, let me say that you did it again with a great quilt!! Your youngest will love it!!

Now to the photos. Why does this happen some times and not others?? Apparently, we hold our iphones or ipads differently when we take pictures and the pictures are then saved in our devices upside down. Hhhmmm, I think it's photo gremlins because I would never hold my iphone differently (LOL-ok, fine, yes I do). Why Your iPhone Photos Are Upside Down & How To Fix That

The easiest thing for us would be a photo rotate on this site (hey Al, please, purdy please, really really please?) And it would also be great to be able to insert pictures in messages here. While I am at it, spell check too! Think my wish list is too long? Are these things here and I am missing them?

Jean, when you look at your photo list on your ipad, are some upside down? If so, here is a link showing you how to rotate the images. How to Rotate Photos With the iPad Photos App: 9 Steps If they are correct on the page that shows the photos in lists (sort of like a proof page), then they should post here correctly. "Should" is the key word as sometimes my photos look correct and still post upside down.

I try to always preview (it comes up as "go advanced"at first) my thread to see what my photos are doing. If they are upside down, I don't post the thread because the images never go away but show up at the bottom of the thread as "attachments". Then I go into my phone or camera and rotate my pictures and save them again on my computer or iphone. Then I start the thread again. If they are still upside down, I post it anyway.

To keep words from mixing in with the pictures, always hit "return" or "enter" before you insert your photographs. Having that line break separates the pictures. I always try to put a line break between my photographs too. This keeps the photos on the left side in a vertical row.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129168[/ATTACH]
      My latest favorite photo. Nothing to do with quilting.
      Ok, great advice! I looked in my iPad pictures, they are all showing right side up. I rotated one in the picture section of the iPad, then posted and previewed it, still came in up upside down. I am pretty sure I took my pictures with the camera click on the right next to the start button, but hey, it was almost midnight when I took them, who knows or remembers? This site is very frustrating to post pictures on, best way is from tablets or phones, and we all like to see each other's pretties! Wish I could get a handle on doing it consistently right, so Sylvia doesn't have to stand on her head to see my show and tells!

Comment

• Midge
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2014

What a lovely feeling to finish this beauty! I hope it is loved and cherished.

Comment

• Carolyn23
          The Guild President
          • Mar 2012

Love it, love it, love it!

Comment

• sewbizzy
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2012

Simply beautiful quilt...love the colors...I'm sure she will love it...
            Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

• sewluvit
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2012

Absolutely beautiful, well worth the wait!

Comment

• Lilly
                Missouri Star
                • May 2013

Jean - you continue to amaze me. And while I'm here - thanks for your wonderful, easily understood tutorials! As my dear Irish Mother would say; There's a special place in heaven for the likes of you!

Comment

• Peggy Anne
                  Block Queen
                  • Feb 2012

It's beautiful. Isn't it fun to finish something that has been a work in progress for such a long period of time. Good job!

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2010

Well done, Jean! Awesome blues.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• snippet
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      Ok, great advice! I looked in my iPad pictures, they are all showing right side up. I rotated one in the picture section of the iPad, then posted and previewed it, still came in up upside down. I am pretty sure I took my pictures with the camera click on the right next to the start button, but hey, it was almost midnight when I took them, who knows or remembers? This site is very frustrating to post pictures on, best way is from tablets or phones, and we all like to see each other's pretties! Wish I could get a handle on doing it consistently right, so Sylvia doesn't have to stand on her head to see my show and tells!
                      You should do a test post. Take a few pictures with the camera button in different positions, and put a piece of paper in the photo to let you know where the button is. Kinda like how xrays are taken with those letters and numbers in the xray - L R arm, foot. etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X