Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Chocolate Lovers Only

Nut Clusters

This is a wonderful, easy recipe for chocolate nut clusters.

2 jars of dry roosted nuts (1 salted, 1 unsalted)
    12 oz chocolate semi sweets
    1 bar German chocolate (green label)
    1 package white almond bark
    1 package chocolate almond bark

Put everything, as listed, in a crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID. After 3 hours, turn off and unplug the pot. Let set for 30 minutes. Mix and drop on wax paper.

Warning from KP. This makes a bath tub full. It's freezes well. If you have a man like I have, put a note on the crock pot saying 'do not open'. My man is a lid lifter. He has to know 'what's cooking'.
    After the three hours are up, you will think nothing happened. It doesn't look melted. It is. When it is time to stir, the mixture will be very smooth.
    Another warning is, don't start this at 70 in the evening. You will be dipping nut clusters at midnight, and then you have to clean up. Ask me how I know. As I said, it makes a lot. It seems like forever to get finished dipping. When they are firm, I put the clusters in a 9 X 13 Tupperware container. I layer the clusters with wax paper between them. It is nice to have them in the freezer when you need something sweet.
    Kathy

Retirement is Awesome

Don't ask our LORD to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: For Chocolate Lovers Only

Sounds delicious. What is German chocolate? I am not sure if we have that in Canada.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

German chocolate is a baking bar. Here is a link to what the package looks like.
    http://bakingbites.com/2010/01/what-...man-chocolate/
    Kathy

Retirement is Awesome

Don't ask our LORD to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's hysterical! My hubby always goes to lift that darn crock pot lid...or open the oven door! Grrrr! But the recipe sounds good. I'm in Canada too so thanks for asking the question, Monique!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

YUMMY !!!!!!
    I will be trying this one...
    TFS
    bopeep

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Can you list the ounces per package for the german chocolate, white and chocolate almond bark please? I just want to be sure I use the correct amount -- sounds like a heavenly recipe -- thanks for sharing!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This does sound yummy, but it should make lots with all that chocolate!!! The crockpot might be a wonderful way to go, but how do you keep the moisture from dripping and ruining the chocolate? I bet this smells fantastic!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

In case you can't find the German's Sweet Chocolate, here is a little bit about it and substitutions.

German Sweet Chocolate

German's® Sweet Chocolate is a dark baking chocolate created by the Walter Baker & Company employee, Samuel German (hence the name), who developed the chocolate in 1852. He thought this type of chocolate would be convenient for bakers as the sugar is already added to it. It is sweeter than semi-sweet chocolate and contains a blend of chocolate liquor, sugar, cocoa butter, flavorings, and lecithin. Baker's® sells this chocolate which can be found on the baking isle of most grocery stores.

Substitution for 1 ounce (30 grams) of sweet chocolate: - 1 ounce (30 grams) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate plus 1/2 tablespoon (7 grams) granulated white sugar

Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/GermanChocolate.html
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQue View Post
    This does sound yummy, but it should make lots with all that chocolate!!! The crockpot might be a wonderful way to go, but how do you keep the moisture from dripping and ruining the chocolate? I bet this smells fantastic!
    That's why you don't lift the lid. I've never had moisture build up.
    Kathy

Retirement is Awesome

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, these sound wonderful! They'll be on my 'must make' list this year! My DH is devoted to health food, so they will be to share with friends and family -- I will, of course, sample them for 'quality control'

Lin