Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay, so it's Thursday . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57cc3ac0fab5ffe6ba76969d9331c660.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	128855

Hello Folksies

Good morning to all you happy quilters! So, it's Thursday - it's raining cats, dogs, frogs, gerbils, and wet chihuahuas. Poor little Gracie. She is my little old lady who likes to sleep in late. For some reason, she woke up VERY early and VERY frisky. That is until she ran to the back door and saw the rain. I have never seen a dog race back to her bed so fast in my life. Yes. She did that. She started my day off with silly giggles. Normally I would be heartless. This morning, I pulled out a piddle pad.

I have work in a short while and then back home. I hate rainy days for my clients. Poor babies. I have almost run out of rain bonnets for their 'do's. Who doesn't love Spring?? I love it except for the pollen, wind and rain. We had a hard freeze the night before last and another one forecast for Sunday which is expected to be much harder on our Spring Bloomers. It is always this way here in my little part of The Hill. Poor Luscious. He was summoned down to Mom's to cover her peach tree tender buds. I sure hope that tree produces more than two peaches this year.

I did finish the quillow I was working on for my grand daughter Nora. She needed a new sleep mat for her pre-k. It was nothing fancy or photo worthy, but it did fold up nicely into the pillow. Next up, one for Tyler. I really need to work on a real sturdy one for middle son's soon to be born baby boy. Sarah came over yesterday morning and told me that they put an offer in on a house they looked at last week. The offer was accepted and if all goes well, the closing for that will be May 17. The closing on their home in Va. is April 30, so they will be leaving us then for Florida. Here I was thinking I would have until August with them, but, sigh. Life does and will go on. Suddenly winter time in Florida sounds almost good to me. My apologies to our Florida folk - I lived in Florida a good part of my younger years and it never really grew on me. At least they will be in Lake County where there are gentle hills and some lovely lovely oaks. It is starting to really hit my girl that she is leaving us.

Hope that this finds y'all in the middle of happy projects, spring cleaning, and good health. Been keeping several here in my thoughts and prayers. Bear hugs, big smiles and happy thoughts to all.

Name:	12813930_10153311657417056_7078164778892595538_n.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	128864

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Okay, so it's Thursday . . .

Morning Blondie & Everyone....

Today I will make the trek to Houston to do some food shopping. I bought what I could in town yesterday after getting my hair cut.
    I got the guest room de-cluttered and fluffed up for MIL and SIL. We just have one spare room, so they will have to share. At least it has a queen bed.

It is supposed to rain night and day through the weekend. I had hoped for nicer weather for MILs visit. It looks like the dogwoods are starting to bloom. It's truly a glorious sight when they're all in bloom.

Reggie has my modern quilt done but she and hubby were heading out for a short fishing trip yesterday. I guess I will get it next week. No hurry at all. I would rather be piecing than binding right now anyway.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday.

3. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. WOW we got a GOOD dumping of snow yesterday. It is expected to melt today as the temperatures are climbing. We got a good foot or more of this white stuff.

I finished the placemats I was working on, and now on to the row for my brother. I will add a hanging sleeve to it and to the other one I made for him last year. He can make his own hanger for them, after all, he works with wood.

So that is about it for today.

I booked a seat on the bus to the Quilt Canada Show in Toronto in June. I am going with Grandma Nan and her sister. WOOHOO!!

Here is the link for anyone interested:

https://www.canadianquilter.com/even...anada-2016.php
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone. The week is moving along quickly with no sewing happening yet. But I did straighten up my sewing room yesterday before heading to work and put things away so it is ready for something to happen.

Not much sun out there this morning and I think we are going to get some rain. I did get a wind advisory alert on my tablet so I guess those winds will be visiting us again. I don't mind a nice gentle breeze especially during the summer but wind just really gets on my nerves.

Have a terrific Thursday everyone. Be well.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	gym.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	128866Throw Back Thursday. How many of you wore these ugly ill fitting gym outfits. Everyone seemed to have an ugly green one but I bought a nice dark blue one that I took in to fit my then slim figure, embroidered flowers on it and wore it for almost 4 years of high school. Turned up the collar in the back and tied a small scarf around my neck and thought I was real sharp looking. This is until someone broke into my locker a few months before graduation. I couldn't afford to buy a new one to wear for the last few months of high school gym so my PT teacher gave me one that had been in Lost and Found for a year or so. Not only was it that ugly green color but it was 2 sizes too big! See, never pays to think too much of yourself.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; April 7th, 2016 at 09:01 AM.

7. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Blondie. I have lived in Florida my entire life, and this weather has never grown on me. We are already battling mosquitoes and heat. I am excited that there is a little "cold front" coming through in the next few days. Now, don't get me wrong, snow is beautiful, but I have to admit at this age, I don't think I would want to have to get out and go to work in it, so I guess I will stay here. And I know what you mean about the dogs - every one of ours will look out, see rain, and do a 180 turn back in the house. I always say they don't want to get their little princess paws wet. Yesterday it was announced that my Mom and Dad's favorite restaurant on the Bayshore had closed and was sold - for another high rise condo. Just what Florida needs. UGH.

Today I am waiting for my friend Deborah to call and say she has the keys to her new house! They found a huge house (7BR/4B) in their same community and it has a huge Bonus room over the garage - any ideas how that space will be used?? Can't wait to see it!

Monique - your bus trip sounds like so much fun!

May - I remember those - but ours were powder blue.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - stay warm and dry!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Rain and snow here and cold...Mother Nature just can't make up her mind. It's dark and dreary and made me just want to put my head under the blankets and stay put this morning. BUT here I a sit at work and looking for things to do. Nothing worse than being bored at work...but as I am transitioning I should not complain.

Have to do groceries today, my LEAST favourite thing in the world to do. Everything is so expensive now! Last time I bought a bag of grapes it was $11. That was a few months ago. My boy will have to do without those for a bit...that's just ridiculous to pay that for grapes. I'm considering a garden trough on my deck if I can swing one this year. I am dying for home grown fresh tomatoes that don't spoil the moment you bring them home. Lee Valley sells this trough and it will fit perfectly on my deck. Hast 14 sq feet of garden space I believe so should be able to grow quite a bit in a small space. Forcing myself to go out Saturday with a friend which is difficult for me to do but good to get out of my comfort zone so wish me luck!

Hope you all have an awesome day! xox

10. Thanks irishrn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all may I recall those gym outfits were super ugly not flattering at all. Wendy go have fun, let yourself go wild. No snow here was 80 here yesterday, however by June it will be so hot you almost can't stand to go out, guess there are tradeoffs for everything..
    Got a bag made yesterday for my sister's money and receipts for going her errand and shopping, the binding for two quilts for Mom, some shopping for my sister plus most of her laundry done. Got working on getting the fox baby quilt done for my niece. Got the borders done for Moms donation quilt. Have class today and open sew after class abt hr later. So can run home feed the critters. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Cecelia

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post

I booked a seat on the bus to the Quilt Canada Show in Toronto in June. I am going with Grandma Nan and her sister. WOOHOO!!

Here is the link for anyone interested:

https://www.canadianquilter.com/even...anada-2016.php
    Monique,

Thanks for posting this as I had no idea about this show. I live 30 minutes away too.

Thanks again,

Lynda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lands a mercy - I had forgotten about those ugly gym outfits! Those were the days, huh. Blondie, love the pic of that darling kitty. Cookie Monster brings back memories of Sesame Street. Sometimes my kids watched that show 3 times a day. Sunny here & expected high will be 70 deg. We're getting some nicer weather now. The high yest. was 78 deg. We made an appt. to have our sprinkler system turned on the 1st week of May.

I got no sewing done yest. Had PT on my L. shoulder in the a.m., then the 2nd Windows 10 class in the afternoon. Of course, last eve. was Survivor. I do enjoy that show as well as The Amazing Race. That Cambodia environment has been hard on the Survivor contestants. Numerous injuries & one person was removed from the show last week due to infection in his knee.

My latest baby quilt is quilted. I still need to trim it & sew on the binding. Maybe I'll find time today. I have a pot of Anasazi beans simmering on the stove.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday!