Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just wanted you to know...

This is my FB status that I just posted. I wanted my quilty M* friends to know.

It is with military mom pride and mom sadness that I'm posting our son Kevin left this morning with his Marine Infantry Unit and deployed to Iraq for the next 7 months. As a military service family we know how important it is that today he is called to go so that in the future his brothers may never need to. We believe in our military and serving our country through military service. That makes it no easier as a family to see one of our sons called to go. Kevin has been to the sandbox twice serving in Afghanistan, and he knows his job. He loves the corps. Please put our family, our son Kevin and His beautiful wife Emily Zeller on your prayer list and keep us there during this deployment. I pray for safe travel for him and division there and back. I ask the LORD to encamp Angels of Heaven around my son. To keep His word that has been planted in his heart and mind since childhood so he would remember everyday. He knows God is for him and I pray God would help him to keep his faith in that every day. I pray that God will send him home safe to us again as he has before. To God be all glory, honor and power. Lord, please help me to be strong and brave... I'm having a hard time right now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just wanted you to know...

Please thank your son for his service from those of us who are proud and grateful to those who are willing to risk so much. Prayers for him and for the family who are waiting eagerly for his safe return. Lifting you up in prayers Gloria that God give you peace as only He can when a mama has her boy deployed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My son was deployed to Iraq twice with the Marines at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. It is such a mixture of fear and pride! I will keep you and your family, and especially your son, in prayer during this time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That was such a beautiful prayer, Kensington! I can't add anything more than an "Amen"! and a promise to hold you all up throughout his deployment and safe return to you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gloria I feel for you and your mixed feelings now.I will keep your son and family in my prayers.Please thank your son for his service and sacrifice for us.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. He shipped early this morning, I did get to talk to him for a few minutes while he was waiting to board his plan. Since then... there have been rough moments during the day and evening. I'm worried about his wife Emily, this is her first deployment. She is pretty shook up. I hope I can be a help to her in getting through these months. We hope she will come see us this summer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

From a military mom--encourage your Emily to find a military wife buddy who has already gone through at least one deployment. There will be so much scuttlebutt coming down the line that she will need someone to help weed the real from the gossip. Every base and company has a buddy system that she can tap into.
    As you know, the road of those who stay behind can be even more difficult than the road the soldier walks. He at least knows he is okay minute to minute and has a job to focus on. Those at home must trust his fellow soldiers to protect his back and get the news home. It's not that our soldiers don't worry about us but they are focused on staying alive.
    Yes we are very proud of our service men and women for stepping up and doing a job no one else wants but as mothers we wish we could wrap them in their baby blankets and keep them safe forever. Please remember there are a lot of hands reaching for you whenever you need them. All you have to do is let us know.
    And we can do our part by not bringing the casualties and the horror of the war up every day.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your kind word Laura... I plan to make myself available for Emily any time she needs me. I'm a military wife too... my husband served in the Navy for 26+ years.... Kevin is my 3rd son to sign up... Our oldest was in the Army Old Guard for 5 years and our next one younger than Kevin is in the National Guard right now too. I've survived 8 deployments my husband went on and the first 3 Kevin was on. Emily is there with the other wives from the Division, she also has a job that keeps her very busy. She is very close to her own mother, and I hope she will receive me as the friend and the example I hope to be for her.

I plan to call her often. We plan to bring her here this summer when we all are here for our reunion. Kevin won't be here, but we always have so much fun and we really want her to come be with us. As a family we certainly intend to let her know she is our family and we are here for her.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your son stays safe!
    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I pray for all of you and your son's safety. It is the whole family at home that is serving with Kevin, and I thank you all.