Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default A hello and update on me at long last

Well I have finally found my way back in here and I hope to be here more often, I have missed you all greatly! A HUGE thank you to those who stayed in touch and kicked my backside (Eileen you did the BEST job!)...it meant so much that you thought of me! I had a quick peek around and see there are a lot of new peeps for me to get to know which I am so looking forward to! I also see a lot of old friends and am happy to see you doing so well! I have missed you all for sure!

So...what's new with me? Well, I have finally returned to work on a part time basis for the month of April and will be full-time again as of May 2. My life is starting to settle into a new "normal" and it's been almost a year since I moved into my own place in May. I have adapted mostly to being alone but definitely have days where I am so lost and missing my ex. But then I pick myself up and realize it is he who has lost me and will one day regret his actions. I struggle with having to do the things that he always did, and having to pay someone drives me crazy...those are the most difficult of days for me.

Liam is doing amazing under the circumstances...last month I helped him register for HIGHSCHOOL!! He is in an advanced academics program that is a university preparation program so I am excited for him. He struggled at bit in the beginning of the year but is definitely back on track now. He likes school thankfully so that does make things much easier.

I have been thinking a lot about getting back into some sewing but haven't quite gotten up to it yet. A lot of my UFO's are still in storage so have to get them back and then really work on organizing my sewing room. I just haven't had much interest in hobby's at all lately and have been escaping into tv. BUT I am not happy unless I am being creative so really have to get back to that. I have decided to resurrect "The Witch" (I'm sure some of you remember her?!) and finish quilting her and then I will be giving her to my doctor whom I adore and has saved my life over this past year.

So that's about it. I'm sure there is a lot more but I don't want to bore you to tears. Oh...I did turn 50 in March...don't feel any different really...should I? I'm off to try and catch up on everyone's comings and goings. Hoping all is well with everyone. You HAVE been in my thoughts a lot and I'm sorry to have been so absent.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A hello and update on me at long last

Glad to see you back. I was wondering how you were doing.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy, I am a lurker-I mostly sit back and live vicariously through others in the group. But I was just thinking about you the other day! I am glad you are back and feeling better. It sounds like you have worked through some of the things that were weighing heavy on you-congratulations! I hope things continue to go well for you and your son (kudos to him too!) and that you will find your way back to your crafts. They do lift the spirit! Belated happy birthday-50 is the new 40 so I have been told. Stay strong!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from you, I have often thought about you over the past few months.
    Welcome Back!!!
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy, so happy to see you here again. I have thought of you often and wondered how you were doing. Hope it's a sign on good things to come. Dolly

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy how wonderful to see you back on the forum. I have thought of you frequently and wondered how things were going. Sometimes there just isn't energy for hobbies like sewing, so glad to hear you are thinking about it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had also thought about you Wendy & wondered how you were. You'll find your way back to the things you love (quilting , etc) before too long. Don't let the EX or thoughts of him get you depressed & down. He was the one that wanted something different not you. So I say t#&* with him. Get yourself happy Liam as well.

Oh yeah, WELC OME BACK!!!

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy, so glad to see your post. Glad to hear you

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Opps didn't finish................... are doing well. Looking forward to more posts and pics of your finished UFO's . Sounds like your son is doing well also. God Bless to both of you Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs, Wendy! So glad you're back!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!