Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday morning hellos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12715270_10206809148045058_5764626581005887312_n.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	128115

Hello Folksies!

I know, I know, I have been really scattered all around this past week. I have the bags under my eyes to show for it as well . . . DD Sarah and I have been doing everything we can possibly get squeezed into a day all week long. She leaves tomorrow for Florida for a week, so I will be house/grand-dog sitting until then. I doubt I will be back on for several more days.

So, I have been working when I get the chance to sit, on a Big Star Baby Quilt for Tyler. Almost done with the hand quilting. The weather has been totally Springlike (sorry folks still getting snow) - I have been pulling weeds and finally got the plants out of the basement and onto the front porch. They were so thankful! Now I get to see what needs to be repotted. The forsythia is so lovely blooming and last night as I was walking about the back yard, I noticed some teeny buds forming on the azaleas. I don't know when I have been so longing to see all the azaleas bloom.

Thinking of everyone here - play nice, be extra kind to strangers and smile more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12813930_10153311657417056_7078164778892595538_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	128116
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday morning hellos

Good Morning! Today is my long day, hubs doesn't come home till 8 tonight. Hoping to get some sewing in, and do my walk. Still focused on that 5K! I spent the day with the Grands yesterday, we always have so much fun. I taught my oldest Grandson to play Dominoes and after two visits he is beating me already!
    My yard is threatening to take over again. This is an annual thing, living in the forest. We're putting the house on the market in a couple weeks so....gotta get a wiggle on, on the yard work for sure! Ugh. And I've got this mental punch list in my head for inside the house. I want all this settled and behind me. Hubs got his retire date and it's May 20! Settled, I wanna be settled! AND the family reunion is in July. HAHAHA! Am I crazy?
    That's all. Have a wonderful day. Thinking of you Blondie and your sweet daughter. Hugs!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see your smiling face Blondie, we will miss you while your are house and animal sitting. Yesterday was a warm day. A sweet breeze was blowing so we opened the windows - really makes the house seem fresh and ready for Spring.

Woke up earlier and tried to go back to sleep but after 2 hours I gave up and here I am waiting for the coffee to be done. Say "Hello" to Zelda, she's an alpaca on my cousin's son's alpaca farm in south Jersey. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZELDA.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	128118
    Last edited by MayinJerset; March 24th, 2016 at 07:38 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Nice to see you pop in Blondie. Have fun house/dog sitting. Libby, I didn't know you were moving, good luck selling your place. May, say hello to Zelda for me.

Another work day. UGH!! It is so quiet not a whole lot to do. I have been rethinking about fixing this quilt. There are a whole lot of places where the fabric is just done and some spots where there is nothing left. It is a dresden place and I did replace some blades some time ago but there is still a lot of work to be done. I am just not sure it is worth it. It was beautiful in its time. So I have to take something else to keep me busy today.

The winter storm hasn't hit us yet! Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for your daughter, Blondie. I'm glad you had the week together before she leaves. Give her some extra hugs tomorrow.
    The yard work is calling here too but it waits. My hands are itching to dig in the dirt but I haven't been home much. My Dad got sick on a Friday and we thought it was the gastro stuff going around as he felt better as the next few days arrived. So my sister and a friend of mine went to the Lancaster quilt show on Wed. and Thursday and had two wonderful days there. I ordered a Janone 1600 the next day. It was also Dad's 90th birthday so we all decided to head down to his house to celebrate. He got ill again. After a weekend of thinking it was the gastro stuff again until his fever spiked and him looking jaundiced, off to the doctor on Monday where he ended up in the ER. They did surgery yesterday using some kind of scope and cleaned out "sludge" they think came from his gall bladder that was blocking something or other and enlarged his pancreas. When I saw him last night, his yellowness was gone and up and moving around. They think 10 days of antibiotics and he will be a good 90 year old again. So, we are waiting to hear when he will be sent home.
    Back to the Janone - thought it was the machine for me. However, I jumped on Craigs List on Saturday morning and there was a Juki 2010Q for sale for $300. less than the Janone. It was only used 1 time - the lady bought it to make something for dogs but decided it was too heavy to lift and used another one of her machines. She needed to pay her taxes so decided to sell the Juki. I decided not only was it less money, it would also be cheaper to buy things I might need in the future (needles, feet, etc.), the Juki came with 2 quilting feet and other accessories the Janone didn't come with, also got an extension table the Janone didn't have, plus I had been looking on Craigs List for 3-4 years for something for my Grace frame and it seemed like it was meant to be. So, I cancelled the Janone order and picked up the Juki on Monday before I headed to the ER (I didn't know Dad was admitted until I was on my way to his house.) For now, the Juki sits in it's box downstairs as I have been heading to work and then to the hospital to spend the evenings with Dad.
    Today is up in the air. I called 2 weeks ago to have an order put in to have my annual blood work done and after waiting a week for a call back to verify it was ordered, I called again. Still waiting. I think I will call the blood bank again this morning and if I don't hear it was ordered, I think I will head down there and wait until she does call it over. I am off today and tomorrow and don't want to take off work half a day to have blood drawn and then take another 1/2 day for the check up and have the prescriptions ordered a week later. It takes 45 min to get there so it's not something that I can run down the street to get done. I understand it takes 3-4 days for a call back but 2 weeks? I don't think the school will be happy if I take time off during the state testing and the prescriptions are running very low. I try to be proactive and call in plenty of time before I need them, but it would be nice if these doctors could work with you sometimes.
    Anywhoo - no sewing for now - looks like for a bit anyways as I'll be back and forth to Dads and not too much on here either. DH pulled his back out and he's pretty much nursing himself as he hobbles around. Spring is here which is such a blessing with all the running around.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. So nice to see you Blondie. We've missed you and we will miss you again while you are house/pet sitting. Libby, good luck with the sale of the house and everything else you have on your plate. May, say hi to Zelda! So cute. Trish, doesn't it just get your goat when you are dealing with trying to get things taken care of and you don't hear back from the dr's office. I just recently had the same scenario happen with me, pharmacy and dr. office. Took a week and a half for the dr. to approve the prescription renewal.

Feeling better this morning. No headache so off to work I'll go. Have a great day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all!

I was off last night, but didn't get home from the previous night's work until 5 PM. First took youngest DD to get some lumber she needs for dog agility equipment, then sat with grandson Sawyer while Mommy had a business luncheon to attend. She works from home, but every now and then has to go to a meeting, etc. Then a quick trip to Joann's for a couple of things I needed and viola - it was five o'clock! Sawyer is just so precious! He will be six months old soon. He was a little fussy because he really does not like to take a bottle - Mom is much prefered.

Trish, glad to hear your Dad is on his way to recovery!

Today's project is not going to be a fun one. I have a baby quilt I want to finish and gift on Sunday. When putting the borders on, I pulled the border fabric too tight in an effort to eliminate the way border I got on the last one. I was also inserting ric-rac at the same time. Now, the inside of the quilt doesn't lay nice and flat. I have already trimmed the border fabric and ric-rac, so to remove it and re sew means cutting more fabric, which I have, and more ric-rac, which I don't. SO, I am thinking about taking out the seam where the rows and columns meet the border and taking a little "tuck" in each seam - maybe 1/8" or so. Then just trying to "quilt it out" . SIGH.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We're supposed to have a rainy day here. I'm starting on income tax prep today. We have an appointment to file them April 9 so I can't put it off any longer. It's time to get it all together. When I need a break from taxes, I'll go quilt a few rows on my bow-tie quilt that I finally got on the frame. It's 80" x 80" so there will be plenty of quilting time.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to see the sun this a.m.! The Denver Metro area & parts of Colo. got a big dump of snow yest. I measured 16" in my back yard. It was very wet & heavy. Thank goodness for our snow angel who faithfully clears our snow. Major hwys. were closed down due to blizzard conditions. Many folks got stranded. Schools were closed. The Denver Airport closed at noon yest. & at least 1300 flights were cancelled, including the flight for my gr. son's parents who were to fly in from Dallas. Hopefully they can get a flight for today. Some of the snow totals in the foothills were impressive. Boulder got 20-24". Pinecliff was the winner with 30-31".

Yest. I worked on another UFO -- a 4-P, on which I clipped the threads & pressed. I have the backing cut, but need to sew it together, then it will be ready to sandwich. I'm determined to finish up some of these projects this year.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

..................................Attachment 128120

I love waking up to the birds singing and chirping. They are so happy and cheerful. This starts a day off GRATE. Almost as good as coffee, .....but definitely better with both.......lol.

A quick hello, to you all.

Blondie, so good to see you.((( HUGGS))))
    Thinking of you and your family.

Quick update.
    Drs. opoint. yesterday went well. He made changes to my meds, added a daily pred. to combat this inflammatory issues. I am hopeful, that this will help. Went back on a arthritis Med called Relafien, it worked better on me than anything, but of course comes with some negative sight effects.... agravates the IBS.......but, the benefits outweigh the cost.
    He also set me up with a HC, so I can have access to closer parking, and other benefits, to help out when I'm having really bad days.
    It will be better.......God is good.....Blessed am I.

Thanks for remembering me in your prayers, you helped this all come together and I am grateful to you all. God hears us and meets our needs, to Him we give the praise and glory, for His amazing Grace.
    By the Grace of God go I........ Bee

Prayers for our friends in need, Blessings to you all, HUGGS all around.

Attachment 128124
    Last edited by SewnByBee; March 24th, 2016 at 11:13 AM.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee