Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irons

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Irons

Cordless Panasonic going strong.....two years now, maybe three- love it! Bought it at WalMart.

2. Thanks aqua-teal71 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My iron is having issues. What I would like is a light weight iron that does a good the work of a heavier iron. Any suggestions? Kathy

4. Thanks aqua-teal71 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't the weight of the iron that does the work, its the heat and moisture.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My irons seem to last forever. I have a question though about irons. I am naturally frugal, and also like to make my carbon footprint less. Do those ones that pop up turn off with the pop up? I'd like that.

7. Thanks aqua-teal71 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Shark Professional Iron and love it. I also have a GE Dry iron which I use if I don't want steam. Love it also. And there is
    the little workhouse iron I got in a DD from MSQC (travel iron w/long cord and steam.. Love it also but my youngest granddaughter is lobbying hard for it. I did get her the Ottlite she wanted, hey she's hoodwinking me!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I go through irons like peanuts. Never had one last more than a year. Bought both expensive and cheap. No difference. Have never really found one that I can say I love. I guess maybe Oliso's come the closest, but eventually they quit "picking up" like they are supposed to and I get burnt ironing board covers, afraid I'll burn the house down sooner or later. The Panasonic Cordless are pretty good irons but they shut off so fast, I'm forever waiting for a hot iron and get impatient.