Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Hello Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Tuesday

Good morning friends. Is Blondie away and I missed the post or is she just a busy little beaver? That is what happens when you miss a whole week's worth of posts.

I made it through the day yesterday. We were quite busy and it made the time go by quickly. It looks like I will be back there end of April/beginning of May for about 3 weeks. One of the other girls is having surgery so I will fill in. We are only two casuals at the moment available to all these places. I am already booked for summer vacations at the little po in the church in July. It looks like it may be a busy summer. The rest of this week is at that little po and I don't know what projects I will bring with me yet.

AND now onto the weather: We are expecting flurries today and it looks like a dumping on Thursday. I really hope the weatherman made a mistake. At least Friday and Monday are holidays.

It is currently a nice bright moon just outside my window from where I am sitting. It looks so pretty.

Well I have rambled on enough. Have a great day everyone.

For today:

Today's holiday list:
    Today is American Diabetes Association Alert Day!
    Today is As Young as You Feel Day!
    Today is Holy Tuesday!
    Today is National Agriculture Day!
    Today is National Goof-off Day!
    Today is National Sing Out Day!
    Today is World Water Day!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Tuesday

Good morning Monique and all who follow.

Well Monique, it sounds like you have a very busy summer all lined up. Just remember to factor your sewing time in there too!!!

Looks like it's going to get up to around 60 here today - great capri and sandal weather. I have a few things to sew for Easter. Bought some great 55-60" wide fabric to make table clothes out of.....I need one for the dining table and one for the card table that we set up for the kiddies. Just have to cut it and make a little hem around the bottom - presto...2 new table clothes for under 15.00....can't beat that with a stick!!!!

Lots of Good "Days" on that list Monique.....I think my favorites are

Today is As Young as You Feel Day!
    Today is National Goof-off Day!
    Today is National Sing Out Day!

So I plan to Feel Young while Goofing Off and Singing Out today!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning,

It's also Taco Tuesday but National Goof-Off Day sounds great to me.

I know Blondie has been spending time with her DD and helping her Mom.

Nothing much going on around here. I begin kittysitting for the neighbors 4 cats tomorrow for a week. I've never had any dealings with cats because I'm so allergic to them. This should be an interesting week!

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.
    Last edited by Bubby; March 22nd, 2016 at 07:35 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Happy Tuesday. It's been a whirlwind of a week for me. It actually started back during the holidays when we started talking about selling the house in Brooklyn. We thought maybe within a year or so. Fast forward three months to a few weeks ago when we were told that there might be someone interested in the property. My sister and I made contact with the interested person last Monday evening and made arrangements for them to come see the house on Saturday. Yesterday, we got a call with an offer. We get on the phone with our brother in CO and decision made. We are accepting the offer. Part of the deal will be that we have six months before we need to leave. The house is well over a hundred years old and needs such a large amount of work starting from the foundation up. We are not in a position to do this and so we have made the decision to let it go. It is a very difficult thing for me. That has always been my "home base" if you will no matter where I was. It may seem silly but I feel like we are losing a family member and I have been close to tears for a good part of the last few days. However, the logical part of me tells me that my parents would not want us to keep pouring $$$ into the place and put ourselves further and further into debt. Two of my sons are living there at the moment but they have been looking to move for a bit which is what started the conversation about selling last year. There is a part of me that I suppose feels a bit of relief. I will be able to stop worrying about something major needing attention at the house, etc.

I hope everyone has a good day today. The snow we had yesterday is a mere memory now and my spring flowers are blooming beautifully. They make me smile.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sun is shining and no snow so Spring might be here at last! I'm not completely convinced so I'm putting off Spring cleaning to pay homage to Goof-Off day.

Ginny, it is sad when the family homestead has to be sold. Until a few years ago my mother's family home on 8th Street was owned and lived in by family members for almost 100 years. We were all so sad when cousin Eileen and her DH sold it. Make sure you take some photos. Many of the old homes are being extended and converted into condos which appeal to a younger more affluent crowd and they change the character of the old neighborhood. I guess it is progress.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; March 22nd, 2016 at 08:49 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I did enough goofing off this weekend. I suppose I had better get something done.
    The house is chilly, but the sun is out. I could make a fire and let it simmer, but my luck is I'll get the house roasting and have to open the windows by this afternoon! The sweatshirt isn't quite warm enough, and I draw the line at putting on a coat in the house. (I may have been a bit spoiled with the electric heaters in each room at the condo this weekend.)
    I'll top off the coffee cup, build the fire, and get back to making samples for the sewing class.

Have a great day, and don't forget to share a smile or three!
    Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com