Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quilty Box

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilty Box

Not sure if any of you are familiar with Quilty Box which is a quilting subscription service where they send you box of quilting products put together by different companies and designers each month. I joined when the Crafty Gemini was curating a box one month but I only subscribed for three months.

The first two boxes were good (even though they contained one or two things I probably wouldn't have bought in a store) however the third box was a paper piecing project for a doll sized quilt. I absolutely hate paper piecing and hand sewing (especially over 140 tiny little pieces needed for the doll quilt) so this box wasn't a good fit for me. I had hoped to return it in exchange for next month's box but no, the Quilty Box return policy is NO returns unless the package is damaged. So I am out $50 for something that I will never use.

I didn't realize there was a no return policy so that's on me but I did want to warn the rest of you in case you were considering subscribing. They do have some nice things in the boxes (I did like the Crafty Gemini box) but actually, I think you would be better off spending your money buying the things you know you want and will love instead of gambling on you will get a bargain. I know I would have been better off with the M*QC daily deals instead. Lesson learned.
    It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilty Box

I always look for return policies before buying anything.I'm sorry you got stuck with something you won't use.Does the site give you anywhere to tell them what you are interested in doing or is it just the luck of the draw?
    Joan

3. Thanks Diva Deb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I received several and have liked all but one. I need to trade it in the I dont want it group. I have my subscription on hold right now, but I do enjoy receiving them. I did not pay 50 a month though.

Right now I signed up for FQS's box they will be sending out. For me, it is fun to try some new things which I believe was the thought behind quilty box. I am looking forward to the FQS box and see how that goes.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would like spending money on a pig in a poke. I have too many items that will never be used, sure don't need more.

6. Thanks Diva Deb thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

No mystery boxes of anything for me. I prefer to spend my money on what I want or need. A bargain isn't a bargain if it just sits around collecting dust. Of course, I am not a gambler in any way - never even bought a lottery ticket.

8. Thanks Diva Deb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that says Mystery sounds suspicious to me. I believe it is an excuse for getting rid of all the stuff that they cannot otherwise sell. That said, we do have group on the forum - "I don't want it. You can have it."
    May be you can find something you will like in exchange of the doll quilt kit.

10. Thanks Diva Deb thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stationarymom View Post
    I always look for return policies before buying anything.I'm sorry you got stuck with something you won't use.Does the site give you anywhere to tell them what you are interested in doing or is it just the luck of the draw?
    Luck of the draw.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Preeti View Post
    Anything that says Mystery sounds suspicious to me. I believe it is an excuse for getting rid of all the stuff that they cannot otherwise sell. That said, we do have group on the forum - "I don't want it. You can have it."
    That's a good idea. Thanks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Preeti View Post
    Preeti, I get what you are saying, but other than the paper piecing hexies, I have been able to use all that I have recieved. All good products so far. Getting a surprise box in the mail is a bit like Christmas.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you can find someone who can trade with you. Good luck.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!