Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tomorrow is National Quilting Day - Quilts of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by bhaggerty View Post
    Kathy,
    I have a long arm and can help you out on quilting it for you. Any specifics? LMK!
    That would be so awesome. Now I have to finish it. Could you send me a PM with your specifics?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mario1360 View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you...I was guiding the fabric at least 1/8th too wide, I tested and the actual G spot (!!!) is at the small indentation on my quarter foot.....there is even a small metal dot, never paid attention to that, thank you for the link, it opened a light at the end of this tunnel...

Attachment 127982
    I actually use a seam guide that Bonnie turned me on to Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-02-08 06.18.29.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	127988 its a piece of an old gift card double stick taped to the bed of my machine. I never had much luck with my seams until I started doing this. I still have it somewhere, a foot that his a little guide on the edge, but it wasn't correct. GO figure right? Once I started with the card guide, I was golden...

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I found this thread and found it interesting. I was wondering if the fabric should be pre washed before piecing.
    With the red and blue the fabric might be prone to running.
    I would like to make some blocks but will wait to hear on the prewash or not.

4. Thanks KathyCrofoot thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    I found this thread and found it interesting. I was wondering if the fabric should be pre washed before piecing.
    With the red and blue the fabric might be prone to running.
    I would like to make some blocks but will wait to hear on the prewash or not.
    Either way you want. We use Color-catchers when we wash the finished project, so we haven't had much problem. If you think your fabric will run, by all means, pre-wash it.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the prompt reply. Will give this a try..

7. Thanks KathyCrofoot thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Kathy, this is my third try.....It is not perfect but being a very new piecer I need a lot more experience before I can make perfect. I will send it in anyway, they can reject it if it does not met their liking, maybe someone will be able to make a cushion or something with it....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160325_144732.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	128173

9. Thanks KathyCrofoot thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me. I'm sure they will use it.

11. Thanks KathyCrofoot thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KathyCrofoot View Post
    I'll be heading down to one of my favorite LQS for a Quilting Day Project.

Susan's Calico Creations in Fulton, IL is hosting a Quilting Day Project to benefit Quilts of Valor. I'm hoping to make some progress on any one of my many Quilts of Valor projects.

Some very cool news on the QOV front - my State Coordinator for Quilts of Valor asked me to submit a quilt to be displayed and awarded at the national conference in Des Moines IA in May. 50 quilts from 50 states. I have a few in progress, so it won't be a problem to finish one up. Finding a long arm quilter to get it finished will be the trick. I'll quilt it myself if I have to, but the volunteer long-arm quilters are so good, they really make my quilts sing!

There is a block drive going on with QOV. If you're interested in supporting Quilts of Valor but don't want to/don't have time to make a full quilt, here's a way you can join in. The pattern is located here: http://www.qovf.org/wp-content/uploa...16-Block-1.pdf The coordinator is actually in my town so it's cool to see all the blocks coming in.
    I made 12 blocks today, they went very quick, after the first I strip pieced the 3" squares. Had a hard time deciding what fabrics to use, my son said just make more and use it all! May just have to make some more since there is plenty of time.
    Now when I send them in does she want us to include any fabric for binding or for sashing?
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

13. Thanks KathyCrofoot thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mario1360 View Post
    Hello, Kathy, this is my third try.....It is not perfect but being a very new piecer I need a lot more experience before I can make perfect. I will send it in anyway, they can reject it if it does not met their liking, maybe someone will be able to make a cushion or something with it....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160325_144732.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	128173
    Sure, go ahead and send them. We can use them all!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asta View Post
    I made 12 blocks today, they went very quick, after the first I strip pieced the 3" squares. Had a hard time deciding what fabrics to use, my son said just make more and use it all! May just have to make some more since there is plenty of time.
    Now when I send them in does she want us to include any fabric for binding or for sashing?
    No need to send binding or sashing fabric, unless you really want to We can always use donated fabrics.