Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday here I come

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12801364_10156610024135088_7092857733845978943_n.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	127720

Hello folksies!

It's Tuesday, I am mostly awake and almost caffeinated. Have a lot going on today, so I need to shake a leg.

No rain in the forecast today; will be spending time with DD and Tyler. Her hubs flew back to FL on Sunday and she is so lonesome for him. We've been in each other's pockets for the past few weeks and I am soaking it all up. Their house sold after being on the market one day, so, reality is sinking in for all of us. Things are going so smoothly for them with this entire change for their lives that I can only marvel that it must be meant to happen.

I finally was able to drop my taxes off to get done. How I dread that. Why do i always put that off?????

Have started a big star baby quilt for Tyler.

Nothing much else to add. I need more coffee.

Blessings, smiles and joy to all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1509773_10153128531867863_3148847253380023530_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	127721

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday here I come

Good Morning!
    Aw Blondie, I feel ya GF. It's hard! There's no way around it. We pour our lives into them and do such a good job they eventually fly away for their own big adventure. She's going to be awesome and you can do this! You're a great Mama, you've got this.

Blowing torrential rain last night, I am hoping that's the end of it. I want some sunshine for a few days! I don't even mind the time change if it means better weather is coming. I have my Happy Light set up by my sewing machine, and I tell you that thing is like magic! I just have to decide when to put it away and save it for next year.

My BFF and I are signing up for a 5K! Yup. 5k, 45 Minutes of Yoga followed by 30 minutes of meditation. Sounds blissful to me! We have two months to work up to it, we can walk it (or crawl) if we want and I'm goin' for it! I had set a goal to do this by my 60th so I'm ahead of schedule. Hope I can do this....

I've got a dog in my lap, and coffee right next to me. I'm going to watch some news and clear my head a little more. And THEN start my day! Have a wonderful one, smile, hug someone! Prayers for any in need....
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's me this early. It should be illegal to get up before the sun, yet here I am. DD and I have to take our little man to the hospital today for his bi-annual MRI. Nothing serious or invasive so it should go relatively smoothly, other than the sedation part. Since I am going, and it isn't anything serious, I am also taking quilts and pillowcases with me for the PICU and the Costas Cancer Center. I have sorely been slacking in the quilt making progress this past year. Thanks to my angels though I will be taking 36 quilts for the PICU, and a total of 170 pillowcases that will be split between the two areas. Must get up and get ready. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all!

Blondie, I know it's hard but look on the bright side - you can visit Florida and spread some of your NC sunshine around! What part of the state are they moving too? I agree that when everything goes smooth - it is definitely a "meant to be situation". Remember - you moved around a bit and your Mom survived! (((HUGS)))

Libby - you have way more ambition than me! If I'm not working, the last thing I want to do is exercise. My treadmill has been sitting and collecting dust for I don't know how long. I keep thinking I will use it tomorrow. Good Luck!

Marilyn - drive safely and give the little man hugs for me. One of these days, I will get myself together and send a quilt or two your way - I promise!

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - keeping those in need in prayer.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Got through Monday and here we are at Tuesday. It was a gray, rainy, dreary, cold Monday and I am hoping that today will be better weatherwise today. Work was ok for a Monday. We have started what they call a "Time Studies" period and for the next two weeks we need to keep track of how much time we spend doing all the different things that we do. Our question is how do we allocate the time we need to spend figuring out how our time is allocated?

Blondie, (((((hugs))))) to you as your dd prepares for her move. It's so hard when our little birds fly further from the nest. I am going to be flying to see my youngest who has made his nest in Georgia. I am looking forward to the trip at the end of the month.

Ok, sun is up so time to get myself off the couch and take a little walk around the house and see what needs my attention before heading to work. Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all, yesterday was a very productive day mount a quilt quilting and cut 6 bibs to put the bias and finish them, and today as the birthday of my little DGD have a party and I can not get into my sewing room but as the sun came out we can enjoy a nice day. Want everyone to have a nice and happy day and that his works remain wonderfully, smiles, prayers and greetings

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

It's Tooosday already. I also happens to be Super Tuesday for Missouri, so we will vote after Jeff gets home from work.

Welcome to the Early Bird group, Marilyn!

Libby, go for it Girl! I ran a half marathon when I turned 50 and hung up my running shoes after that. I have a treadmill that I don't use often enough. I think that at my age (69) sewing and walking to the ironing board is enough.

Blondie, you know my prayers are with you. How far will it be to visit?

I need to get my wiggle on and organize myself for the day. Dottie is on my lap while I type this....not easy. Once in a while she needs a Mommy Day and I think this may be the day.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.
    Last edited by Bubby; March 15th, 2016 at 08:37 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Just lying here listening to Maizyn snoring. She was up earlier but thankful she fell back asleep. Today we are going to see the movie toopia.

Blondie, I feel for you for sure. Greg and Ashley start their drive across Canada on Sunday with a stop here hopefully. I will cry when they leave.

I heard last night that a friend I have known for many years passed away. A lot of people have been looking for him. He was a diabetic and this may have contributed to his death. There is no obit or anything. It's like nobody cared. So very sad. I posted on my Facebook page so word will spread quickly. We aren't even allowed to post to the memorial page for our high school. I will remember the good times we shared.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    Yesterday was a rainy, cold day. Once my errands were run it was time to sit with a good book and a hot cup of tea. Today is still misty, with the weather report saying more rain this week.

May get in the sewing room today, need to cut the sashing strips for the Prarie flower and do a straightening up of the room. I found a fabric I think my granddaughter may like, Extravaganza, by Riley Blake. Vibrant colors that she likes. I think a white background for them would really show them off. Wondering if anyone here has used this fabric, if so any pictures you can direct me to?

Grandchildren have been asking if I'm making my Irish soda bread this year. I guess I'm supposed to take that hint to the kitchen and get busy! Guess I'll have to make a run for some buttermilk today.

Off to get some coffee and start the day, will check back later and catch up on some posts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I slept in later this morning but I've got the caffeine drip hooked up and running now. We've got bright sunshine for the first time in several days. My goodness, the grass is growing fast! I'm going to have to put my new mower blades to use soon.

Blondie, hugs to you as your DD makes her move. I know it's hard. My grands are getting ready to relocate again from Texas to Colorado. We were hoping they'd get to come closer to their dad and us, but I guess it wasn't meant to be right now.

Congrats on signing up for the 5K Libby! I need to be walking more and sitting on my bee-hind less!

Prayers for those who need them and those who don't. Hoping you have a terrific Tuesday!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*