Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Saturday morning -

Name:  Saturday3.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  12.5 KB
    Yesterday I got my days of the week mixed up and called it Saturday but believe me today it is Saturday and it will be Saturday all day long.

Going to finish my coffee and begin getting ready for a trip to Brooklyn for my sister's surprise 65th BDay luncheon party. Only problem will be finding a parking space. Ah City parking. Only very limited short term parking on the avenue that the restaurant is on, guess we're too used to living in a suburban area where most establishments have on site parking. It will be good to see family again, brother Jim won't be there as he is recovering from recent back surgery. `

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Saturday morning -

Good morning and Happy Saturday. Beautiful sunny morning here today. The to do list today includes the usual laundry and cleaning, making our Meals list for the next two weeks and then the grocery list. Dh will do the grocery shopping. . I have an appointment for a haircut at 3.

May, yes, parking can be a challenge for sure in Brooklyn. What restaurant are you going to? There are so many really good ones in Brooklyn. We are talking about selling the house in Brooklyn and that is making me feel a bit sad. But I think it is the time and right thing to do. It is beginning to be too costly to keep and it would eventually become a major burden. I will miss having my childhood home to return to.

Have a great day all!
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ginny, We're going to The Corners on 8th Ave. and 72nd St., first stopping by Skin Flints on 5th Ave. and 79th St for a gift certificate for my sister as it is her fave - both new places to me.

Getting very expensive to live in Brooklyn. Lots of newbies called Hipsters are buying up property, tearing it down and rebuilding big condos and/or apartments. Our old house was sold for very little in the 80's when there were lots of drugs and crimes in the area, nowadays real estate in the area is booming and old house is worth about 2 million.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	677 DeGraw St B.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	127589

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey you New York/ New Jersey gals, I'll be in your glorious state on Wednesday! Of course, no where near NYC or Brooklyn, but upper upper NY visiting my daughter and grandkids in Massena! I'm closer to our Canadian friends that NYC folks. Can't wait to get up to see them. They moved in October, we got together in NYC at Christmas, but I haven't seen them since. I'll be happy to see them and spend some time with them.

I have plenty to do before I go, hopefully will get my daughter's quilt finished so I can get it to her either in the suitcase or via USPS before I leave. Hope you all have a great week!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful house! Yes, lots of condos going up in the neighborhood. They even made my old grammar school into condos. But they didn't tear it down and rebuild; they left the existing building and just redid the inside.

I've been to New Corners many times. Good food. Have a wonderful time.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun in Brooklyn!! My daughter wants to take me to see Fiddler for my birthday this year - she just saw it a few weeks ago with some friends (they attend Concordia College), and said it was magnificent!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All,
    Beautiful sunny day, a good day to be out and about. Just may have to make a run to the quilt store for some fabric I need.

May, I agree parking in Brooklyn can be a challenge. My mom is buried in
    the family plot at Greenwood cemetary and we stop for lunch when in there. We are so used to everywhere having a parking lot out here so it's a real eye opener.

I'm still looking for a quilt pattern to do for my granddaughter, just can't seem to decide. The other two I knew exactly what I wanted to do for them. Somehow I'm having a hard time with this one. Going to check out the album gallery and see if anything jumps out at me.

Remember to spring ahead tonight!
    Last edited by Cathy F; March 12th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, My parents and youngest brother are buried in Greenwood Cemetery. For the past 20 or so years my siblings and I have visited their grave on the 1st Sunday in December. We lay a grave blanket and say prayers for them and other family members who have passed and also welcome any new members and babies. At times some of our children and grandchildren join us. Afterwards we all go to lunch, usually to the Bridgeview Diner on 4th. Ave. around 78th St. They have a banquet room we use and they have a small parking lot!

It's a very old and interesting cemetery, they hold tours and walks around it highlighting the graves of famous people and the unusual grave markers. Lots of big family plots with a crypt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Hey you New York/ New Jersey gals, I'll be in your glorious state on Wednesday! Of course, no where near NYC or Brooklyn, but upper upper NY visiting my daughter and grandkids in Massena! I'm closer to our Canadian friends that NYC folks. Can't wait to get up to see them. They moved in October, we got together in NYC at Christmas, but I haven't seen them since. I'll be happy to see them and spend some time with them.

I have plenty to do before I go, hopefully will get my daughter's quilt finished so I can get it to her either in the suitcase or via USPS before I leave. Hope you all have a great week!
    Jean my family is from Massena!!! You're the first person I've ever seen outside my family who even knew the place! My Mama always told me that everyone in that town is related in one way or another.....so, hi cousin!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
    Jean my family is from Massena!!! You're the first person I've ever seen outside my family who even knew the place! My Mama always told me that everyone in that town is related in one way or another.....so, hi cousin!
    OMG,Libby! It really is a small world! They moved there for a job upgrade, it is so far away and fairly challenging for me to get to. But they seem to like it there, and have survived their first winter. They were lucky that it wasn't a severe winter, they'll get hit some time in the future I am sure! They never got deep snow, and just a short below zero cold snap. Small town living is different from living in a large metropolis, but it does have its perks, and they are enjoying it. Do you still have relatives living there?