Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Airplane Quilt

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airplane Quilt

And here is my grandson's quilt for his 2nd Birthday. It is an Airplane party this year. I actually did the quilting on this quilt. Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	126355   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	84 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	126356   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	85 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	126357  

2. Thanks Kimber4444 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Airplane Quilt

Very nice, sure to be loved!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

your grandson will love his "Airplane " Quilt....Great job Grandma !

( I have about 10 yrs of the Red/White/Blue flag fabric you used for the backing on this quilt......my DD was really into flags as a teen*(USA Flags ) My DD wanted her room ( curtains & bedspread) done in this Flag fabric......she would go around the county we lived in and if she seen a flag that was ripped or damaged that was flying, she would calmly go into businesses and or knock on doors of the homes flying the tattered flags and ask them if they knew that the flag should be replaced. If they admitted it, she would spend her own money to replace the flag if the people told her they had fallen on hard times. She also asked them if she could have the tattered and worn flags, and then she and her dad would take them to the American Legion post where they would destroy the flag properly in a ceremony a few times per year. After about a year, a lady that volunteered with the Veteran's adminstration putting flags on the soldiers graves here in ALL the cemeteries in our county, called our home and she and the veteran's admin. agreed to help with getting flags out to those in need who wanted to proudly fly our Red /White/Blue.
    As an adult, my sweet 37 yr old DD loves sunflowers and still loves flags. While she no longer goes around in the community to let everyone know about their tattered flags and how to dispose of them, ( she works long hours as a nurse and has 2 kids of her own now ) this quilt brought back sweet memories of a teenager I am proud to call mom !
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; February 21st, 2016 at 10:00 PM.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

what an awesome job!!!!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a handsome quilt. It has a very pleasing balance. I love your fabric selections and combinations.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful quilt and you did a great job.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    your grandson will love his "Airplane " Quilt....Great job Grandma !

( I have about 10 yrs of the Red/White/Blue flag fabric you used for the backing on this quilt......my DD was really into flags as a teen*(USA Flags ) My DD wanted her room ( curtains & bedspread) done in this Flag fabric......she would go around the county we lived in and if she seen a flag that was ripped or damaged that was flying, she would calmly go into businesses and or knock on doors of the homes flying the tattered flags and ask them if they knew that the flag should be replaced. If they admitted it, she would spend her own money to replace the flag if the people told her they had fallen on hard times. She also asked them if she could have the tattered and worn flags, and then she and her dad would take them to the American Legion post where they would destroy the flag properly in a ceremony a few times per year. After about a year, a lady that volunteered with the Veteran's adminstration putting flags on the soldiers graves here in ALL the cemeteries in our county, called our home and she and the veteran's admin. agreed to help with getting flags out to those in need who wanted to proudly fly our Red /White/Blue.
    As an adult, my sweet 37 yr old DD loves sunflowers and still loves flags. While she no longer goes around in the community to let everyone know about their tattered flags and how to dispose of them, ( she works long hours as a nurse and has 2 kids of her own now ) this quilt brought back sweet memories of a teenager I am proud to call mom !
    What a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing. What a wonderful thing to do. I would be proud too! Than you so much for sharing this story. After going through my stash at the beginning of this year, I had a large tub of patriotic material. And I also have close to 10 yards of this same fabric. Evidently it has been around for a long time. I don't think my fabric is very old. I purchased it to make placemats for my mother's long "Walton"(named for the show) table, but I never got around to it. So using some of this yardage seemed the right thing for this special quilt.

Thanks again for sharing this story! I am glad it brought a special memory. My DD is 35 years old and is very patriotic also.