Sneaking in and peeking in with a hello?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Sneaking in and peeking in with a hello?

Hello Folksies!

I am back home for awhile - I have spent the past several days with DD Sarah and Tyler and the furry babies.
    We got some weather and so I guess you can say we got snowed in. It didn't last long, thank heavens! Sarah and I stitched and laughed, played with Tyler and stitched and repeat. That little booger can really wear out this granny! When I got home last evening, our power was out. It didn't return until sometime overnight. Luscious said it was out about 24 hours. Sigh. The storm that came through after the snow was really rough. My honey said it sounded like a tornado hit and the house shook. Very loud thunder and lightning. You know what they say when you get thunderstorms in the middle of winter and there is snow on the ground! Watch out. I am not wanting anymore this year. Thank you very much, I am ready ready ready for spring.

I promised you a pic of the COC I received last week; got Sarah to snag one so here it is:

It is wonderfully comfy, Sarah is pea green with envy and it is also pooch approved. All three of her pooches have either been under it or over it.

Today I need to clean up what hubs left for me to do. Looks like a big load of dishes, laundry and dirty floors. It feels good to be home after a few days of snoozing in late. ha.

Have a wonderful day and keep smiling.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Carol336
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: Sneaking in and peeking in with a hello?

Hi there girlfriend.....good to see you. I love love love your COC....the colors, the pattern.....just perfect for you.

It was so chilly here over the weekend we didn't even venture out of the house for church on Sunday. But it's supposed to warm up by next weekend so hopefully we won't have to be house rats again.

I've been busy sewing little pouches and made a new St Patty's day table runner using Jenny's tute from last Friday - that was lots of fun. I'm making one now for a small bedside table for DH.....will post some pics when it's done.

Went dancing last night - had a blast with our dancing buds.....quite a site to see all those grandmoms and grandpops out there o n the dance floor shaking their booties. I'm certain we have more fun than the younger generation.....plus we dance a lot better than they do too - LOL

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Ginny B
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning Blondie. Good to see you popping in here. Glad you had a such a wonderful time with dd and Tyler and that COC quilt is beautiful. Have a good day catching up with things.

Carol, sounds like you had a lot of fun out dancing last night. I am sure you have more fun than the younger generation.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Welcome back. That COC looks good on you.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• MayinJerset
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

Hey Blondie, You look so happy peeking out from under your COC while enjoying a mini vacation at your DD's.

Comment

• irishrn
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2010

Hi all. Glad to see you back Blondie. Yes that recent storm was a bit nasty! We didn't get much of either the ice or snow.... Just enough to make things difficult! But one day at 30 degrees and the next day at 60 degrees was quite the surprise!

I think DH is getting cabin fever, as am I, so we need some good weather for a bit!

Hugs to all! Be back when I can!
            PS. I heard from Wendy and she is doing a lot better! Slow and steady progress!
            sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

• ilive2craft2
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2012

Good morning all. Blondie, that is a great looking COC.

I am peeking in while waiting for the docs to give their morning report on dh. He is improving, but still in post ICU. Pneumonia and a seconds infection around the lung are slow to heal, but he is definitely moving in the right direction. He looks much better now - the put another chest tube in yesterday. Hoping that we will start talking discharge again soon.
              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

BLondie, looking good in the COC.

Lisa, prayers for your dh.

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2010

Hey GF.. you wear it well... as Rod would say))))))))))))))))))))))
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• Granny Judy
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2011

Lisa... praying for a quick recovery for your DH.. and hope you are staying well, too. Seems like you have a lot on your plate these days.

Blondie, hugs to you.. love that new outfit you have!! Quilts are just the bestest hugs Ever!!

Finished and presented the Birthday gal with her Quilt this past Saturday.

all smiles.jpg

Sunday it was a steady downfall of snow all day.. but we had tickets to the Peoria Players Theatre.. no refunds- so DD#2 & I went!! It was the musical " best little whorehouse in Texas".. Loved it!! then straight home since it was still snowing. We didn't get a lot of accumulation.. just windy and flakes flyin'. Roads were slick since Peoria is in a budget crunch and didn't do much with getting the roads clear.. Heck it'll warm up in a couple of days. We only saw ONE city truck out spreading salt on the freeway
                    on-off ramps.

Monday I started back on the Dresden plate QAYG... It's only 2 years old now. Hopefully no more interruptions from life will get in the way and I can start putting these blocks together.. (which I did start on yesterday)
                    2 yr old project.jpg

Hope you all stay warm, dry and healthy.. Hugs are given here--- just grab as many as you need.

a yawn.jpg
                    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                    :icon_wave:

Comment

• ceiliam
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2014

Beautiful COC quilt Blondie, you wear it well. Lisa prayers for your husband, you are having it rough hopefully they will get him ready to discharge soon.
                      Folks so sorry for the cold weather, I hate cold weather,guess that's why moved to a warmer climate supposed to be 77 here today. Just to let you know by June we will be in the 100s so there are trade offs. It's so dang hot here in Aug I don't go out unless I have to.
                      So I guess I'm saying stay warm and safe friends and have a great day

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

Hey Blondie! You look adorable under that COC! Good to see you, I thot you'd be taller ;-) Love you!
                        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• RockinLou
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2014

Hello!! Thanks for dropping by! I've been so busy lately, I've mostly been lurking... We've had crazy weather and power outages too. The ups and downs of the weather are messing with my joints and allergies... So spring must be right around the corner!!

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2010

Isn't it a good feeling to know you're loved by so many? Your quilt is lovely and so are you, Miss Blondie.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• LauraP
                              Missouri Star
                              • Dec 2015

Granny Judy--that quilt is gorgeous! That ought to keep her toesy's warm. You seeing best little whorehouse reminded me of the last play I went to see. It is called Menopause and it is hilarious. If you tend to have leakage when you laugh take precautions or you will be floating out of the theatre. This is a perfect play for you to go to with your girlfriends. No men allowed. I would go see it again if I could find it playing anywhere around here.
                              Blondie--your quilt is awesome but would we expect anything less from this bunch? By the way, I love your Carol Burnett.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X