Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday's all right with me

Morning all,
    Just a brief hello this morning as we're meeting friends for breakfast. We usually all meet on Mondays but the snow kept us all home. We had a dusting again last night but the roads are all clear.
    Barb, hope you're feeling better. That potato soup sounds good. I've never made it before.
    Libby, have fun with the grands and making cards. Oh boy, glitter, they should all be sparkly by the time they're done.
    Sending good thoughts and smiles to all, stay warm and be safe.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All: It's snowing - imagine that! Depending on where you live in the state, a dusting to 4". I hope we are the dusting. It's good to know I am NOT the only one who feels the same about dusting. I love squirrels. I helped take care of a baby years ago. It was only 3-4 weeks old, eyes still closed. We had to feed it with a syringe - I had so much fun with it. I would take it to work when he was on "the bottle" and my grad students would take turns feeding him. (No, I wasn't a teacher - staff at a university) I did work with an animal rehabilitator who got "Rockie" when he was 10 weeks so he could get him "unhumanized" so he could be released into the trees. Got to sew at the LQS yesterday and am just about done with the disappearing hourglass. I can't wait for this thing to be done!!

Have a terrific day to all. Except for sewing all the rows of dis. hour. together to get the top done, don't plan on doing much. Tired today. Stay well everyone - be careful if you have that "white stuff" on the ground by you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We've got a good covering of snow this morning, just enough for slippery driving. I'll decide later if I'm going out for sit-n-sew. I need some of the guild's backing and batting for another donation quilt that's on the frame so I hope I can make it. This will be # 8 for this round of donations, 2 baby quilts and 6 for older kids.

Potato soup is one of my favorites. DH doesn't like it so I seldom make it from scratch. There is a potato soup mix from Bear Creek Country Kitchens that I really like.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning to all. It's another cold day here in NC. Not my fav kind of weather. But it should be a bit sunny as I venture out to food shop. At least it's too cold for DH to wonder outside. He's doing fair on the new Rx Namenda. He is on increasing doses for 4 weeks and we're just into week two. Hasn't helped his memory at all but that may be a long term thing.
    Continuing the room destashing/purging venture. Took 5 bags of trash to dump yesterday. Then started bringing my fabric into the room to sort. Oh my! I seem to have a lot of white and black fabric. So I'll tackle that first. Getting it measured, folded and put into chest. I also have lots of pre cuts! That's another day! I also have a lot of strips for fabric bowls so that will be a task in the future.

Hope all are warm and dry. Hugs to all who need them. Stay healthy! Not easy this time of year. I'm working hard to avoid a sinus infection!
    Will be back when I can! :-)
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A good morning to you all. Aye, it is snowing here a wee bit too. Not expecting much, but in this city they don't know how to drive so it is dangerous! lol

Blondie, dusting is not one of my most fave jobs either. I usually wait til those dust bunnies resemble small dinosaurs. Funny about your term squirrely......here it means similar to one suffering from cabin fever. At the moment, I am running opposite of you......it is getting my bum in gear that is expending the most energy! February and March seem to be my worst slow-down months of the year, like a bear that should be hibernating and isn't. We have been doing some home improvement projects which is wonderful.....I've only been waiting 25 years. Hubby does not believe in being "rushed" into any decision. But bless his heart when he gets motivated....look out!

And for all those who are in need, my prayers are with you. Take care, stay warm, and have a great day.
    Sandy B.
    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings all! Getting my quilting fix by reading the forum. DH has been in the hospital since last Wednesday with a nasty case of pneumonia, but we are starting to see improvement. Physical therapy got him up in a chair yesterday and for a short walk around the nurses station today. Since he is now considered post ICU, I may head into work for a bit - already did a conference call from here today.

Maybe I can get the binding sewn onto the snowman quilt and sew it down by hand while hanging out with dh.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, and Happy Ash Wednesday to all.

I am about to venture out into the world after a week with a stomach bug. Wish me luck! Didn't even get much sewing done this week because--germ-o-phobe that I am--I was afraid of polluting my fabric. This left me lots of time to shop online, which I used to fullest advantage. Got a tea kettle for the used RV we just bought; a Steady Betty ironing surface, because I moved my sewing machine into the TV room; an autographed photo of the first guy to play Superman, Kirk Alyn, for only $10; my favorite coffee substitute, Cocoa Bru; and, of course, a couple of M* charm packs.

Hope everyone has a terrific day. Did you give anything up for Lent?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take dusting over cleaning bathrooms any day. There are three full baths in this house. Eventually, I'm hoping to only need to clean two of them on a regular basis. I won't bore you with why we're using all three. Let's just say, repair work, and leave it at that. hahaha

I'm loving the Memorycraft 12000. I actually quilted almost half of a queen-sized quilt in one afternoon while working on another quilt. I was never able to multi-task when quilting on the 11000. The wider harp and the larger hoop on the 12000 are now making it possible.

The magnetic hoops are not practical for the way I quilt. I'm still using binder clips to hold the quilt in place. It just works for me and is a real time saver. I would have to say their testers couldn't possibly have been quilters, otherwise, they would've made some changes to those hoops.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; February 10th, 2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Day to you all and Happy Ash Wednesday!
    I think I shall give up dusting for Lent!
    Hope you are all doing well! I am off work today, but have way too many errands and a huge pile of laundry to do so I doubt I will get to see today!
    I do need to pick up some sweet Valentines for my DH & kids. It will have to be chocolate for 3 of them!
    So happy to get my car back today!! It was in the shop for a week!!
    Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dusting? Dusting? We're supposed to dust???? Who's idea was that? I guess that's what those flurries were yesterday...everyone dusting ('cept me, need to, don't wanna). However, if y'all want come on to my house & dust to your heart's content. Just don't write the date in the dust. Just saying. LOL

Blessings to all.

Gina

11. Thanks irishrn thanked for this post