Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/9/19 - Any special friends or valentines projects in rotation this week?

How disappointing about the layer cake, but the silver lining is being able to start another project!

Still have not been sewing, DH is still in the hospital. He is improving, hopefully my to be out early next week - not sure yet if he will go straight home or to a rehabilitation facility for a bit. I did drag my crocheting with me today, maybe I can concentrate on that while he naps today.

Keep on posting your progress on projects - I am getting a long list of "want to make".
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/9/19 - Any special friends or valentines projects in rotation this week?

I am still plugging away on the Floating Hexagon quilt. I hope to get the top finished in the next few days. Here's my "design wall"...aka, top and side of the guest bed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010805.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	125870

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, will say prayers for hubby's quick recovery.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing everyone health and joy today I feel like my optimism is coming back... finally

Sylvia H I love what you made, the coasters and the bottle holder

kimsophia Your quilt is coming beautiful!

I just want to stop for a moment to share two blocks I made, both from BOM Secret Garden by Pat Sloan, first is Block 1 made with lilac and blue, it will be a quilt for my MIL, second one is Block 2 with the colorway I chose for our quilt to go on our bed! I'm learning a lot!

Name:	Block 1 - Lilac Blue colorway.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	125887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Block My Colorway.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	125888
    Too bad there is no sun the colors in real life are so much better! :/
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have a specific Valentine's project this year. I made a Disappearing Hourglass top this week. I made it from Paisley Park layer cake. I took what I thought would be good border fabric with me but after finishing the top I wasn't sure I liked it. Since I was in the hotel room in Cleveland I didn't have what I thought I wanted to finish it so it was packed away and still needs borders. When I figure out what to do for the borders I'll post a picture.

We got home late last night but I'm not sure when I will be able to work on it to finish it. My DD #1 will be 40 in two weeks and we are giving her a big surprise birthday party here with about 40-50 people present so the next two weeks will be filled with getting ready for the party so sewing may have to wait until the day after the party.

I hope each of you has a nice Valentine's Day. Mine started off nice with a gift of a gift certificate to M*. I'm so glad I showed DH the M* website long ago because that is his go to place for all gifts now.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:	Happy Bday.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	125893

It is finally finished and gifted... to the lady sitting down. And Me, of course! DD#2 took the photo.
    Someone almost cried...

Just taking a few deep breaths before I start on something new..

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy F View Post
    I made a few mug rugs as gifts and put out my Valentine's display but that's about it. Ordinarily I would have a dish of Dove chocolates in my display but I've lost 42 lbs. and it would be too tempting to have them calling to me!
    Congrats Kathy!!! Great will power!! I too have not bought any chocolate. Our day is starting out with Crepes being made as I type this by my stepson Logan. I am working on my Churn Dash today and designing/planning a cover for my wall air conditioner. I bought some upholstery fabric yesterday. I have steaks ready for tonight's dinner. My dh bought champagne and I will be making a Pineapple Gallette for dessert. Its very cold here so we are all staying in and have the wood stove cranking!!

Have a great day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started this thread and have hardly taken a moment to log on all week!

Juliet, I would love to hear more about the sampler.

All I did for Valentine's day was to make DH a pair of boxer shorts from leftover Minion fabric. I let the kids raid the scraps box and choose fabrics for "sleeping bags" for their Tsums. (little tiny stuffed animals from Disney). It was fun.

Next up is to make some belated teacher gifts, iPad cases for both, and one for me, as we all FINALLY received our teacher-specific iPad minis that have been in storage since September. LONG STORY. Then I promised the kids that when I was done with costumes for the play (finished on Friday! Hurrah!!) that I would make them their Minion pajamas next.

I'm seriously considering calling in sick-and-tired-of-work one day and staying in to sew. Then it's always more work to not go to work... vicious cycle!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Judy View Post

Name:	Happy Bday.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	125893

It is finally finished and gifted... to the lady sitting down. And Me, of course! DD#2 took the photo.
    Someone almost cried...

Just taking a few deep breaths before I start on something new..
    That quilt is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose. What an excellent gift.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 126030

Working on an HST quilt, but I'm done for the day!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com