Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/9/19 - Any special friends or valentines projects in rotation this week?

Yay, Lisa! So glad he is on the mend. Now that's a good Valentine's present!

As to me -- I never liked Valentine's Day when I was single, and neither did DH. We have seen no reason to change our stance! I know some people love it, and kids love it, and that's fine with me, but for people whose love life isn't going the way they want, it's salt in the wound. I guess I'm a Valentine's grinch.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/9/19 - Any special friends or valentines projects in rotation this week?

Valentines day means all kinds of chocolates will be on sale the day after. I can hardly wait.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here Valentine is really much more lovers oriented, a lot of red roses and chocolate... but since with hubby we're romantic every day together we don't celebrate it

Besides this year on the 14th the SPlendid Sampler, a 100 blocks project, is starting so the only things that I want is to be healthy (still recovering from high fever and throat ache), have my sewing station clean and start the first block right on time
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I love to decorate for Valentine's day. I love hearts of all kinds. I make cloth hearts and stuff them. they are just fun to make. My mom and I made some a few years ago that are Victorian in style. I usually give most of the hearts I make away but those I have kept.
    We don't celebrate other than my mom loves to give me a card and she usually makes them herself. She is now 83 so I treasure everything she has made for me.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My four kids were able to all be down for a visit last weekend so I had their Valentines Day hearts all sewn up and ready. I am in a time crunch, and I started the habit of making a small sewn heart for the teachers I work with, so now I'm thinking of a way to sew small heart ; serge them on the outside and top stitch a small heart onto the centre. I should be able to get a few dozen done in time. My DH is not a natural born romantic, so Over the years I have helped him see that flowers and something special one day a year won't kill him , and he usually pulls through with a nice cooked meal. He's a really good cook, so I'm very lucky.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Busy week this week. Monday helped daughter in law with her first quilt. Tuesday spent the day with my BFF. Wednesday Jenny was her in AZ, so I had to go and see her. GREAT trunk show!!! Thursday dinner and movie with my little bro and sis. Friday maybe I can get in the sewing room. Saturday Jenny Neimyer class starts. Sunday preparing bday dinner for my sister and great nephew. I'm tired just typing all of this but I'm loving it. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished this project. Three wine bottle bags with coasters. I like to use these when I gift a bottle of wine.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...tml#post846176
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda bummed out- was beginning on working on my I Spy baby quilt for the weekend since I have until Sunday the house to myself- and I find that my layer cake squares are short 1/4 inch or more and some are not straight. Ugh! Now I'm waiting to get responses to my emails to M* to see what I should do. Rethinking precuts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan Plamondon View Post
    I'm kinda bummed out- was beginning on working on my I Spy baby quilt for the weekend since I have until Sunday the house to myself- and I find that my layer cake squares are short 1/4 inch or more and some are not straight. Ugh! Now I'm waiting to get responses to my emails to M* to see what I should do. Rethinking precuts.
    I am sorry you have this problem, but I appreciate your posting about it. I bought the I Spy layer cake, and now I will check it out for accuracy before using it. It is a great disappointment when these precuts are not the right size.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that small problem will just allow me to try other quilt ideas this weekend. There is always a positive side to everything. The DH is returning tomorrow so I'll have the whole day to sew, and tomorrow it's a lovely special supper with him with all of his favorites . After 34 years of being married we make it a point of celebrating Valentine's Day and even though he is not naturally inclined to think of hearts and flowers, he won't forget . A little kindness goes a long way.