Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chin hair...bah.

I'm 47 and at this rate I'm going to be shaving alongside my DH in the mornings!

Sheesh...always thought I'd age gracefully, but chin hair???? UGH!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chin hair...bah.

It's all downhill from here, Gayle. I finally bought one of those electric tweezers from Vermont Country Store. After a time of using it, it doesn't hurt much. The things we have to do!!!!
    Cynthia

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Gayle honey, that is what hot wax is for!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I use wax too.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I figured that by 40 I'd have stopped with the acne too, but no. Chin hair and pimples! ****. Getting old is NOT for sissies.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Wax is a girls best friend! Toook hormone shots for a couple of years trying to get pregnant and it really screwed up the whole works. Wax from the nose to the neck. Oh and never got pregnant with the shots. Had to give up completely for three years to get the beautiful little girl that we have.
    Happy Quilting

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like the other day in the market. This dear old lady had one bottle of water to buy. I, being the American that I am, had loads of groceries. I told her she could go ahead of me. Poor dear, it took her forever to get it paid for and packed away before she moved away from the register. The cashier was apologizing for the delay. I told her no apology necessary. "One of these days you and I are going to be old and hopefully the younger set will be patient with us." She laughed, but it's true. Now that I've turned 60 I pay closer attention to the elderly knowing it won't be long before I'm in the same boat, God willing. Wouldn't it be nice if chin hair was the only adjustment we'll have to make for growing older! I look at my mom and see that she really isn't living anymore. She just turned 91 this year. Sometimes I'm not so sure keeping people alive with all this expensive medication is for THEIR benefit. The thing is those pills have kept her alive for many GOOD years but now the years aren't so good anymore. We keep giving her the pills but is it the right thing to do? I can't imagine NOT giving them to her. That would be like pulling the plug. Not going that route.

I'd better end here. This post is rapidly going downhill. LOL Sorry folks. Anyway back to the subject of chin hair. Unwanted hair is a pain in the butt!
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; November 19th, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

my friend (who's my age...45) was at the store and a little kid went by with her dad and said "daddy...is that Grandma?" I died laughing!!! So I only have a year before the chin hairs should start...although I'm like a Mexican hairless cat and hope that works to counter-balance the crazy hairs!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Chin hair and lip hair - I have a friend with hair so thin that her pink scalp just shines through the hair, she says no respectable flea would be caught dead in her hair. Growing old is not for the weak - iti s for those with a good sense of humor! My DS and I watched our parents age, and vowed that we'd age well - if we have aches and pains we've promised to keep the complalints to ourselves - she who forgets will get wacked with the others cane.... If we ever start using canes that threat will hold more weight

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Getting old isn't for sissies....that's for sure! BUT, thinking of the alternative makes it easier.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*