Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Somebody stop me!

I couldn't resist those colors this morning! I think because I'm so tired of our gray gray gray skies! Ready for some bright spring color!
    ***Kathy***

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WOW Sandy! And the month has just started. Have fun with those bright Springy colors.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well... I failed to mention that I went a little crazy at Joann's this month too... Yardage wad ON SALE... My DD was there to encourage me... "Go for it' Mom, she shouted.... So.. I did...

Two jelly rolls
    Four half yards from M*
    Several 2.5 to 2 yard cuts at Josnn's

All in one month... Although today's DD was actually in February...barely...and I bought it either January's money...,, it was fun... I need fun in my life....

Self medicating...with fabric? Maybe so... January is a hard month for me... At least I didn't turn to drink.... I'm sure you will all agree that new fabric,,,precuts, yardage.....is a very goid thing... Right?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

4. Thanks dsb13kjd thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I fall off the budget wagon occasionally. I usually have a pretty good excuse, like it was a really good sale so I am saving money in the long run, or I was having a bad day so I deserve a little pick me up. At times like these I remind myself why I have a budget and get back on track as soon as possible. It can help to have friend talk through prospective purchases if you know the budget is already over drawn.
    My friends never help me practice restraint. It is more like "you NEED that fabric!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My budget has never been so tight and it is hard. I do the same thing, load up my card, hover, shut the lid on my laptop and go thru the day. Connecting threads sale last week did me in and I caved for one of the fat quarter bundles. It was only $11.something and shipping but that's $15 I will have to figure out at the end of the credit card month. I seem to be obsessed with having something to keep myself occupied on my days off. Last week I bought the Hancock 60% off one item and went for a bolt of solid purple. I have plans for it. I used up all my stash last year and I feel lonely when I go in looking for a small piece of fabric for a project and there isn't any there. If I sold any quilts it would be justifiable but I just gift them. Feels good for a minute anyway.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy I'm in the same boat. I'm just waiting on a Quilter's twelve step Program. Oh wait that may be one meeting I may not want to attend. I'm getting pretty good at hiding the Confirmation Emails when I purchase things from MSQ. So yea I think I might need to join a 12 step program until I get caught up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prior to retiring, it was not unusual for me to buy two or more a week! Since retiring, I don't think I have bought more than ten total, if that many, in the year and a half it's been. That's not to say I don't go to the stores here, but quite often, I don't even buy anything then either!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Then, Pat, I hope I follow the same trend when I retire in May! I'm not even very fast at making quilts but I seem to have a very difficult time resisting gorgeous fabric. Sometimes I don't even have a specific plan for it! AND I bought a bunch from Hancock Fabric last week because it was such a good deal! DH would die if he knew the total dollars I have spent !
    Brenda.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I have spent the last two weeks cleaning out/organizing/ridding out my sewing room/office. I finally MADE myself send some fabric to the Goodwill that I know I won't use. There is something addictive about fabric, though, so I understand the draw of the DD's. Now that I am organized, I have a plastic tub of started projects that I AM GOING TO FINISH!! (and before I purchase any more fabric! At least that is what I am saying, right at this moment.) Please don't hold me to that, though. Just can't pass up a sale!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    My budget has never been so tight and it is hard. I do the same thing, load up my card, hover, shut the lid on my laptop and go thru the day. Connecting threads sale last week did me in and I caved for one of the fat quarter bundles. It was only $11.something and shipping but that's $15 I will have to figure out at the end of the credit card month. I seem to be obsessed with having something to keep myself occupied on my days off. Last week I bought the Hancock 60% off one item and went for a bolt of solid purple. I have plans for it. I used up all my stash last year and I feel lonely when I go in looking for a small piece of fabric for a project and there isn't any there. If I sold any quilts it would be justifiable but I just gift them. Feels good for a minute anyway.
    I caved on that CT sale too. The batik bundle and I got it yesterday. I'm so happy I did! Beautiful!!

Lorie