Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/01/16 - First week of February, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Quilting right along. I love bargellos.
    Attachment 125497
    DeniseSm, that is just so pretty and reminds me of those Buddhist sand paintings somehow...if I ever made something that good I could hang up my hat!

Well did I not just say my strips were too short at six and a half inches because the blocks are six and five eighths? So what did I do? Cut a bunch of six and a half inch strips again! So stupid! Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most! :P

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gshannon1008 View Post
    Has anyone else ever been in a creative slump? Just could not get focused? I have been there and have started just coming out. I think my "groove" is back. Not nearly finish my first project of year but I did decide to challenge myself by making a pieced border. Attached are the pictures in various stages of development.
    Attachment 125479 stage 1
    Attachment 125480 stage 2...new idea developed
    Attachment 125481 stage 3 ...four patch pieced border coming along
    I am still stitching along and will hopefully have a quilt to make my guest bedroom cheery and bright. Wish me luck and thanks for looking.
    This is one gorgeous quilt!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Making progress!!! Ready to put the binding on the Quatrefoil... will wash & dry it before taking pics.. the cats have been sleeping on it..

I made 2 matching pillow cases and getting out fabric for the Heritage quilt...
    I found another quilt top that needs to be finished.... I cut out the fabric for the rest of the blocks.. So that one is waiting in the Que... Whew, My mind is whirling... What's Next !!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

GShannon and Denise, your pics are so pretty! The Bargello quilt was a new idea I tried recently, just have to find my last missing fabric for the border, still looking. I know I can get it in Vermont, but I have to find a day to drive over and get it.
    I took a friend this past Tuesday to pick out fabric for her first ever quilt. We only went to two stores and it took all day! Lol. She fell in love with every fabric she saw and it was a long process to help her find what look she wanted in her quilt. She was tired by the end and now we are planning a day when she'll come over so we can start cutting her fabric and start sewing. A new quilter maybe? I hope so.
    As for me, since I can't work on my Bargello, I've been doing the 365 block every day and I finally decided to make myself a large quilt bag to carry my cutting Matt in for when I go to a class. Since I was invited to a class tomorrow I've been doing nothing else. Of course I don't have a pattern so I'm inventing as I go and watching tons of YouTube videos on making zipper pockets. The really good news is that the liner is from old fabric from my stash and I've been piecing some batting together to line the pockets with! My 2016 goal of using my stash is slowing coming along.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My machine doesn't want to work with invisible thread in it anymore. Sigh. At least I can get it to work with Superior topstitch polyester so it will work sometimes. I'm tired out from disassembling that machine and cleaning the bobbin case and rescrewing it together and rethreading it over and over and over. I even tried a new needle...it jams up and the bobbin case is a horrible tangle. I have to cut the thread to even get the bobbin out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping in to say hello and report that I am one pair of pants away from being done with costumes for the school musical... I'm so so so looking forward to putting the whole process behind me. It's only been about a month that I've worked on these things, but I have got to do something other than worry about these costumes, oh, like read a book or worry about sewing something for my own kids.... or ME?! LOL!

I hope you are all having a good week. I'm going to go sew those pants and do a happy dance....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

...hmmm.... I think the pants will be too small ;-(

at least all I have to do is re-make a pair of pants?? ;-(

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

made good progress on the owl quilt, snow days kept me in the sewing room! Need to add the details in the faces yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized owl progress.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	125596  
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gshannon1008 View Post
    Has anyone else ever been in a creative slump? Just could not get focused? I have been there and have started just coming out. I think my "groove" is back. Not nearly finish my first project of year but I did decide to challenge myself by making a pieced border. Attached are the pictures in various stages of development.
    Attachment 125479 stage 1
    Attachment 125480 stage 2...new idea developed
    Attachment 125481 stage 3 ...four patch pieced border coming along
    I am still stitching along and will hopefully have a quilt to make my guest bedroom cheery and bright. Wish me luck and thanks for looking.
    That is going to be a gorgeous quilt!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love seeing all of your projects in process. I haven't been on the forum as much and haven't been in the sewing room for awhile. My husband had been in the ICU since Wednesday with pneumonia, he is doing better, but still a long way to go. They will do more tests on Monday to see if he needs surgery to remove the infection, but hopefully the drain they put in will be able to get it all.

Keep posting pics - I am getting my quilting fix from them!!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.