Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Panasonic CORDLESS Iron! Woot! Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by sumarben View Post
    I agree!
    Here's a funny story though: when I got the iron I just took it out of the box, SKIMMED the directions, and put the iron to use. A few days later as I was pressing some pieces my finger hit the button and the water tank came off (no damage done to fabric or iron) Now just imagine the look on my face as I thought I had broken my new iron and then imagine me laughing at myself when I actually READ the directions and discovered the removable water tank! That'll teach me!
    Too funny!

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

This is the new one with the ceramic sole plate? I don't know anything about ceramic, is it nonstick? I have the 360 with the stainless steel sole plate, love it, but a couple of times have thought about getting a nonstick iron for those few times its needed.

I adore this iron, at this point it's the best one for me. Someone mentioned having tendonitis I think and wondered about the weight. I have severe hand and arm weakness that comes and goes, and this iron is so light and so ergonomic that it's given me the ability to iron as much as I want. Without the cord there is even less stress on the hands and arms because you never ever have to flip the iron around and maneuver around the cord or pull it out of the way. It is so light weight, and placing it in the base is a short smooth movement that is mch easier for me than lifting a regular iron to a standing position.

By the way, that champagne is gorgeous! I never like beige things, I go for bright colors, but that is just really smashing looking. I have the gray one from Massdrop, I opted to decorate the case instead, and I didn't want a color to distract me from enjoying my fabrics as I iron. Silly, yes? I see M* is now carrying the purple and blue.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I indeed thank you all for these posts for I had no idea my water tank was removable! I went to look at it, and lo and behold, it is! Yay!
    Brenda.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

This item is still available on the HSN website. The price was $79.99 but I looked at several other items and a pop-up offered me another 15% off if I signed up for their daily deal e-mail. It saved me $11.99 off the price of the iron. This offer is probably not available if you are already on their mailing list but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Panasonic 360º Ceramic Cordless Freestyle Iron | HSN

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived around 60 p.m. yesterday. Plugged her in this morning to use for my Leah Day BOM. OH MY GOODNESS, this is the best iron I have ever owned and I have owned Rowena and Oliso.

For me, because of the tendonitis in my arm, this lightweight iron is making ironing a joy.

Thrilled to have bought this iron.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new iron!
    So glad it's working for you with your tendonitis!

The Farmmyfarm

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndaj View Post
    Thrilled to have bought this iron.
    I am so glad you got the iron. I love mine and I love that I got it on sale! Win, win.

And I was also one of those who didn't know the water tank came off. I played around with it for 10-15 minutes before I broke down and read the directions again. Having the tank removable made me love this iron that much more.

(yes, I said it, I love an iron!!!)

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I just received mine today, LOVE IT! So glad I ordered it. Mines purple
    Maureen 

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I think the removable water tank is the best part. I take it off and go over to the washroom, fill it with water and bring it back. It's awesome.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I gotta agree ... so much easier having the removable water tank!

The Farmmyfarm