Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Question Handi quilter little foot frame

I went to my laqs today and told the lady one day I would end up with a long arm, but just do not have the space. And then she showed me the latest in small frames that can accommodate king size quilt. It is only 5 ft long! I will be saving money because this WILL fit in my sardine like house. Any of you out there seen this, used it, bought it? Pros and cons?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Handi quilter little foot frame

You don't mention what brand of machine you're interested in. I didn't have room for a long LA, so I bought the table model Baby Lock Tiara II. It has a 16" harp. The table with the extension table on the left (sold separately) measures 54" wide by 30" deep. It fits behind the couch in my fam. rm.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiara II - Sept. 2015 001.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	125070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiara II - Sept. 2015 002.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	125071 I'm very satisfied with it. Although I don't plan to FMQ quilt a king size, it would be possible. I do mostly baby quilts & lap size. I think I have once twin size top in the queue.

4. Thanks cv quilter, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, this makes more sense for me too. I didn't know there was such a machine
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...just watched a video of it. The downside to this frame is that you still have to sandwich your quilt before you put it on the frame. I would think it would be a bit awkward quilting a king sized quilt on this. I think the table setup would be easier. Here is the video I saw. There are others as well on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUkDcZpWkKo

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

The HQ Studio frame can be configured in 4', 5', 6',8' and 10 or 12' configurations. My LAQ is selling the simply16 on a studio frame with the smaller configuration. You still have the rest of the pieces to make it a 10 or 12 ft frame later so you might want to ask about that.
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought the HQ Simply Sixteen on the Little Foot frame. It only takes 5', so it is approximately half the size and half the price of it's big sisters. That is the big upside, there is no way a larger longarm would have fit in my sewing room. So far I have only practiced with some smaller practice sandwiches, so I have not yet had to deal with moving the quilt on it's pole. I mounted the backing and batting on the pole with the included clamps, then floated and basted the top down with the longarm. the results were not bad. If I were working on a larger quilt I would probably lay all three layers on the floor or a table, pin the top about 7" down from the top, then baste with the longarm. Obviously, I will be trying this with practice fabric as well before a real quilt.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

looks alot like the new Brother Dream frame. I wonder how much they are going for.
    If you don't ask, you don't get. Ghandi

Toni

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sleepydiver View Post
    looks alot like the new Brother Dream frame. I wonder how much they are going for.
    Handiquilter Little Foot Frame is $1295.
    https://www.handiquilter.com/shop/pr...uilting-frame/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    Handiquilter Little Foot Frame is $1295.
    https://www.handiquilter.com/shop/pr...uilting-frame/
    Thanks for posting the link, my iPAd would not let me.
    If I decide on this or a sit down table version, either way I would end up basting my quilt before it was loaded for quilting, so for me no extra effort, but good point. I desire a long arm but do not have a bedroom big enough. And it cannot go into the kitchen or living room. This frame is about the size of a desk. I can purge something to make room for it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has been suggesting a sit down machine Pfaff, but I have heard good things about the Sweet 16 and think I want to try this one. Do you like it -ease of operation? Thanks.