Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 1/26/16 - Last week of January, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia View Post
    Working on my Jamestown Landing--finally completed the units, so now on to assembly.
    Got started--I think I'm going to like this one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1314.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	125021 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1315.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	125022

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1317.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	125023 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1320.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	125024
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

In my younger life when I was a struggling Mom trying to give my daughter dance lessons I made a deal with the Dance Studio owner, I'd make costumes and she'd give my daughter free lessons. I spent every winter for a few years making a couple hundred tutus and fringed tap skirts on elastic sequined bands. Most nights found me sewing until 12 or 1 so all of those skirts would be ready for spring recital. Once those were finished it was time to alter dance costumes. All of that ended when she started high school and I was extremely relieved to be out of the costume business. When granddaughter started dance I threatened my daughter that she was not to mention in any way that I knew how to make tutus. I still have nightmares about all that tulle and those sequins! Kudos to you for your work.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to a good start this week! Somehow I have 3 projects going on at the same time, seems it's either feast or famine when I sew.
    Completed the 3rd row on my kissing coins quilt, have the top to another project all pieced and now working on the owl appliques for it, and making a woven fabric basket that is a fun project.
    Will post some pics as I make more progress.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Angelia....your quilt top is so pretty! Love the reds and cream colors together.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

5. Thanks Angelia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Floating Hexagons are floatin' 'round my brain...but I have most of them assembled. I have about ten that need to be resewn. When that is completed it is time to add the sashing and little cornerstones, so I'll be cutting a lot of inch and a half strips. Boy it was cold and windy today. It felt good to stand over the steam iron.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimsophia;
    Boy it was cold and windy today. It felt good to stand over the steam iron.
    tI usually loathe ironing. Some days, like if it is freezing cold, there are exceptions.
    I haven't sewn anything yet this week, just petting yhe fabrics from my M* order, and ordering Angela Walter's FMQ Workbook.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looking fantastic - love the colors.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished assembling the hexagons today and the sun broke forth from the clouds...lol Now I need to make the 1 1/2" background strips and cornerstones for my hexagons to float in. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010789.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	125066

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Today I put the last border on the tops I made while in CA. Four flimsies complete and on the stack waiting to be quilted. I'll be leaving with DH on Saturday for another business trip and will once again have nine, 9 hour sewing days so am packing more fabric and getting ready for marathon sewing days. When I stay home from a trip I will have to fire up the long arm and convert some of them from flimsies to quilts. I posted pictures of the four in Show and Tell

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Angelia, I love the look of your quilt, great job!
    As for tulle skirts, oh my! Brings back memories of sewing ice skating competition dresses and costumes. Haven't we all done something like that for our kids over the years? Add onto those Halloween costumes and we learn to become flexible sewers.
    As for me right now, I'm still doing my 365 blocks and I must say that now that the blocks are becoming more complex, I'm glad I started. I'm learning to do new blocks and pay more attention to my seams.
    I'm working on Valentine's Day hearts that I will give to my four children who are going to be visiting this weekend. After those I will make a few dozen for the teachers I work with, it's become a tradition of sorts I guess.
    My next project is a I Spy quilt for my only gran child's first birthday later this year. I've decided to do a disappearing nine patch design and now just have to find fabric for the boarders , hopefully from my stash. 2016 is my stash busting year, I hope.