Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Night Owl feeling old

Quote Originally Posted by MayinJerset View Post
    Just the thought of a huge snowfall makes me want a big mug of hot chocolate which might replace my morning coffee the next few days. Keep warm and safe everyone.
    I've been known to combine the two... YUM... but not so good for that weightloss plan!! LOL!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Diet and excercise will definitely turn your numbers around. Take it from someone thats been there - the hardest part is making the decision to committ to a life style change. But once you do make that decision it really will get easier.

Oh 50 is still pretty young....been there...many many years ago!!!! Thought it was old then, wish I was 50 now....just saying. And that brat Terri - 47 - so jealous.

Good lord - just read the rest of the posts and guess who's the oldest one here - 71 !!!! Man - I hate when that happens. But then when you think of the alternative - it aint so bad - LOL

Off to make a big pot of chicken noodle soup and watch the snow fall.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be 68 in a few months and have put on a lb for every quilt I made in 2015. My goal is to take off a lb. for every one I make this year. I'm just not moving around as much as I used to and summer was so hot and dry , I neglected my flowers and opted to sew instead. Got to get the balance back in my life. Maybe I should take up snow shoveling this week. lol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think May has us on the age bit, but she is one feisty lady!

I managed to drop a bunch of weight when I was taking dancing lessons. An hour long lesson three nights a week, and three or four hours of dancing on Fridays nights certainly was a workout! Sadly, Hubby isn't such a dance enthusiast, but he loves my cooking. All 50 pounds that I lost have tracked me back down and brought a few of their friends.
    I know that the secret to my body losing weight is going to be the evil Exercise. I have to see if they are still offering the free Zumba classes at one of the churches in the area. That would probably be the best way to drop this extra weight. Ugh.
    I'm gonna go sew. This talk of weight loss and exercise have done me in!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You can do it! I lost 30# last year, it took me 7 months but I did it. Not for health reasons my clothes were just getting too tight, could hardly zip some of my pants up and I just didn't wanna go out and buy bigger sizes! Mostly it was just common sense, and willpower. No second helpings, limited bread to about 3 slices per week, pasta not more than once a week, no dessert. I ate a bit more salad although I am not a big salad person, tried to eat more veg. Religiously take my dog for a one hour walk five days a week. But no other exercise, don't swim or belong to a gym or anything. My two biggest downfalls are Lays potato chips and vanilla ice cream so they were not allowed in the house. Ever! My willpower is not quite that strong. And now I have the opposite problem, my clothes are too loose. I had to buy jeans two sizes smaller.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful and do everything the doctor tells you. And you definitely are not old = you have just entered middle age. Heck, I am 73 and the smartest thing I did lately was move into a third floor apartment in a no elevator building - I am forced to get exercise lol. Will say some prayers for you that you health and weight get better.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You can do it. I lost 35 with WW a few years ago. Getting ready to start back to lose 10 that came back. Do it for you, not anyone else. 50 is still young. I started walking half marathons at 55, and learned that for every pound you lose, you take 4 pounds of pressure off of your knees. Man did that make a difference. I will be 60 this year and have already scheduled a walk for New Years Day, you always have a support group ready to encourage goodness here, no judging.let's do this together!