Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Startled Night Owl

I woke up with a start awhile ago and thought DH and I were snowbound in our house and were trying to climb out of a 2nd floor window onto the garage roof. That's what can happen when you fall asleep watching a movie, you dream you are living in the movie. Just to make sure I was only dreaming I looked out front door as we did get a little snow yesterday afternoon. It's OK as there is only a little snow on the lawn.

Have you every done that? While asleep dream that you were part of a movie or the story in the book you were reading? Kind of scary as it took me a few minutes to realize where I was. Now at 2:30am I'm fully awake and hungry - will have to make due with some juice as middle of the night eating is not good. Maybe there's a movie on TV that I can watch, forget that as one bad dream for the night is enough.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 18th, 2016 at 04:55 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Startled Night Owl

I don't watch scary movies for just that reason. Especially the dreams that seem so real. I am up and been since 7pm. On my off work nights I still end up staying up all night. I am hungry too but have labs in the morning and I have to fast. Darn that Diabetes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hoot hoot, May. If I can remember my dreams, they are often related to something I saw on TV...my husband has elaborate dreams that have plots. Mine are just nonsensical blundering about.

it is -6 here. I've got on 2 flannel nightgowns. One cat is snuggled up near a boiling water humidifier and the other one with a space heater. Oops, now my lap.

I had the "Angie Tribeca" binge watch on but I couldn't stay awake...finally woke up and Bill Murray was in it. Yay!

I got 28 hexagon units finished yesterday. I think I'll have 150 when I finish if my calculations are correct. And that's a big if. I'll just keep slapping on borders until it's big enough...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When our girls were young, I came home one afternoon after work and fell asleep on the couch. Did not hear MM come home two hours later. I woke up at 7pm. That time of year, 7pm looked the same as 7am.....I was racing around the house like a madwoman ripping off my clothes and putting new clothes on and yelling at MM to call my work and tell them we were changing a flat and I'd be there ASAP when he asked what was wrong with me. I explained he had let me sleep all night and I was not late to work! Uh....it's only 7pm.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bubba, I've been there! I get tired around 3 in the afternoon and usually lay on the couch and watch TV. Several times I've fallen asleep and wake up with a start thinking it's morning and I better get up to make the coffee only to realize that it isn't 5am but 5pm and instead of making coffee I better start making dinner.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've done that twice Pat.
    Once I came home from work (same as you) and fell right asleep. Woke up at 11 PM - raced around-got dressed-made the phone call to work telling her I would be right in. I got the 2nd shift supervisor on the phone and she couldn't figure out what I was babbling about. When she started laughing, I realized it was PM and not AM. It took awhile to live that one down.

The 2nd time, I was home on leave from Germany. Every now and then we would have an exercise called an Alert where the sirens on post would go off and no matter what you were doing, you bolted to your assigned spot and reported for duty. Vehicles and tanks moved out to their assigned areas and it wasn't over until everyone was back on base. My parents lived a few blocks away from the fire station. About 2 in the morning, the sirens went off. I jumped up, dug my uniform out of the duffle bag, and was fully dressed before my Mom came in to see what all the commotion was about.
    Even today - 18 years after I retired from the service, I still wake up when I hear the sirens here in town go off in the middle of the night with my first thought taking me back to the Alerts.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish