Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: DIY

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post DIY

This is a good idea. I thought about using remlent pieces of counter tops, but this would give a good amount of work space and storage.

DO IT YOURSELF WHITE CRAFT DESK

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY

This is awesome. Gosh I wish I had more space.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's really nice and makes very good use of the space in the room. Will your DH be making one for you?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have it. Hopefully I will have a room to put one , in the near future. If we build on a garage. I could put in a pantry add a sewing room and 1/2 bath. Using the space between the house and the garage. I would be set. We are talking about it, we'll see. We do a lot ourselfs. What we can. I like the craft desk because I have looked at several options. One other is using two filling cabinets and setting a top on them. I like that option for storing patterns in.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SewnByBee View Post

I would love to have it. Hopefully I will have a room to put one , in the near future. If we build on a garage. I could put in a pantry add a sewing room and 1/2 bath. Using the space between the house and the garage. I would be set. We are talking about it, we'll see. We do a lot ourselfs. What we can. I like the craft desk because I have looked at several options. One other is using two filling cabinets and setting a top on them. I like that option for storing patterns in.

Planning is so much fun. I hope you get to bring your dream to fruition. Starting with a blank space is nice. I built my cutting table out of four of the 9 cube cases. I have fabric drawers in many of them that hold everything from coordinated fabric scraps to patterns. You really can get a lot in every cube.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I like that layout Bee! Curious....do you go with red, black and gray? ;-)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: DIY

Tracy D....you got me with that one....Lol.. that's a good question........ I do love my Alabama....... and I could use the accent's in any displays, if I ever get to do any of the craft fairs.

My daughter and I call each other ...
    🌼 🐝 Bee & Bugg 🐞🌼 Sew &Stuff.

so I would like to use that some way.

It would be nice to do something in my sew space, when I manage to pull it off. I have been looking at room addition, and found what looks kinda part sun room. So I think having some large windows would be grate natural light on one wall for sure. If I can come up with some clever storage options, like that desk / table, make smart use the wall space, I could have a descent area for my supplie to be properly set up and easy to use.

If you have any suggestions please..... pass them on to me. I do need to think about it.....thanks for inquirieing.

....Bee

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Gators, but Blue and Orange aren't really colors I would want to use in my sewing room. Heh. Love you and your daughter's names! How cute!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh....thank you....we both love to sit together and hand piece our quilts.

....Bee

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee