Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 1/12/16 - How are we doing?

You are so talented, Denise!

I've been FMQing too. I'm trying to finish a few quilts that progressed very slowly during 2015. This one was made with border units I didn't use from Bonnie Hunter's previous mystery, Grand Illusion, so I call it the Illusion Bonus quilt. The backing is tan, and I used white thread and poly batting (2 scraps I sewed together). The quilt is 44" x 56"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illusion bonus quilt fmq 2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	124367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illusion bonus quilt fmq 3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	124368

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No sewing done Saturday, my son took me to the Arizona Cardinals game. Crazy ending, WOW!!! Plan to stay in and sew Sunday.

Everyone's quilts look amazing.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No going outside for us in this wind chill so I am getting a lot of half hexagons assembled into whole hexagons. It's making me dizzy so I'm taking a break.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the binding attached to DSs quilt, and tacked down about halfway around.

I also made a mop cap and nightgown for the school play, Granny just needs her hem measured and sleeves adjusted. The child is very very tall and thin, so I added several extra inches, it's easier to trim off then add on!

Stepsisters are next, I'm looking forward to good times with that!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been digging around in my sewing room! I have a picnic quilt planned with some leftover blocks I found, plus using up the backing from my old quilt and a vintage sheet find from a thrift shop a couple years ago. And I have baby quilts being dreamed up in my head...!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staying in as much as possible with our cold also, and so far I've been keeping up with the 365 challenge pretty well. I've got my Bargello quilt top to finish ( found my missing fabric I think), and will be using fabric from my scraps for small Valentines hearts. I'm doing well on using my stash fabrics and not adding to it so far this year, but those Daily Deals are tough to resist!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan Plamondon View Post
    I'm staying in as much as possible with our cold also, and so far I've been keeping up with the 365 challenge pretty well. I've got my Bargello quilt top to finish ( found my missing fabric I think), and will be using fabric from my scraps for small Valentines hearts. I'm doing well on using my stash fabrics and not adding to it so far this year, but those Daily Deals are tough to resist!
    this is why I only come directly to the forum and "unsubscribe" myself from commercial emails! :-)

I'm working on costumes tonight, the good news is that the granny costume fit, and both stepsisters have the same measurements, which makes it easy peasey!!

I'm considering starting a Harry Potter film marathon in honor of Alan Rickman, but I think I will go with Sense and Sensibility first....

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Week one has stretched into two weeks and I have two sewing days left on this business trip. Three large quilts complete. I added the inner and out borders to a Disappearing Pinwheel quilt with 42 blocks but I'm not sure I like the inner border. I have nowhere in the hotel room to really spread it out and look at it so I will wait until I get home and put it on the design wall to decide if that inner border is to stay or go.

Today I'll start on the 4th quilt. Might finish it by tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to make the Disappearing Pinwheel 5 with 35 blocks so it will go a little faster than one of the others. These two days will be the last sewing for a couple of weeks so I'm hopeful I will be able to finish it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    I'm considering starting a Harry Potter film marathon in honor of Alan Rickman, but I think I will go with Sense and Sensibility first....
    I fell for Alan Rickman in "Truly, Madly, Deeply"...have you seen that one?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

BLC--ask at the front desk if they have a conference room you could borrow for a few minutes. I'll bet you'll get a bunch of people willing to give you their opinion.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE