Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Curious!

I found my stash had almost all medium value fabrics. Now I always look out for neutrals and usually buy 3 yds or more, so I always have something to go with those mediums. Look out at your local thrift stores for fabric you will be surprised at what you can find. This might sound gross, but sometimes you just happen to be in one of those stores, and some quilter somewhere passed away and the family just donated all her stuff to the thrift store. One time I found a whole bunch of quilting books with her name tag in each one, how sad that someone in the family wasn't a quilter.

2. Thanks Romatim thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I use to have a stash........buying every week.....no real direction just things I like......but I got so burdened down with stash it drained my creative side.......so now......I buy pre cuts.......Nice colors from same designer....and try to buy with an idea in m I nd....Yes J do take advantage of the daily deals often........but my stash is so much easier to work with and organized.

4. Thanks Romatim thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by songbird857 View Post
    Just another thought (warning.. enabling alert...) Both Missouri Star and Fat Quarter Shop have a daily deal every day. (M* is at midnight, FQS is at 10 a.m central time (two on Tuesday a.m. and p.m.) - I have picked up some of the nicest fabric at great prices this way.
    LOL And tutorials! Also, I love the fact that if I see FQs that you can see the coordinating fabrics. When I get them in, they go together. Sometimes it is a little later, but I can still click on the layer cake that I purchased and find the coordinating fabrics to go with it.

I am out of control right now, so once I start on my stash....I will let you know. About 6 years from now when I retire! Heh.

6. Thanks Romatim thanked for this post