Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Owl Winging into the Weekend

One stretch of counter top done! Headed for the coffee corner next, then onto the baking zone. How I hope I can get the family to help me keep the place clear of clutter.

I'm going to take a break and go sew a bit. I have a few small projects I'd like to get sewn this weekend. We'll see how that goes, as I'd also like to bake some cookies for lunches next week. I suppose that will depend on how the kitchen cleaning goes huh?

I hope your weekend is a good one. Off to sew in my tree for awhile!
    Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Night Owl Winging into the Weekend

I need to work on my kitchen too. Blah. I'm watching Master Chef Kids. Will fall asleep and come back at 2am. I turn everything off but it never fails I wake up then.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This night owl is wanting a very warm and dry nest for the next couple of days. We have had rain, freezing rain, and snow today. The winds have picked up and the temperature keeps dropping. Tomorrow's high is suppose to be 16 F and the low around minus 1F. I wish I could say that I get to stay in and sew but the children have activities so I will be out and about. Thankfully, the activities are in town and the city trucks will be clearing the roads.

Have a safe weekend everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, clutter is a constant battle for me! Drives me crazy, but hard to just throw stuff out.

I worked from home on my internship project for a few hours, did some laundry and cooking today. Tomorrow afternoon I'm sewing. Not sure what yet, but I will think of something. I have two ufos I could dig out.

5. Thanks Jean Sewing Machine thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was just talking to my DH tonight about all the clutter in this house my counter tops keep disappearing! I wish I could find a way to keep it all clean but I'm the only one who appreciates a neat house here.Cathy I feel your pain. Dh and I went to dinner tonight and then I went to a friends house to chat over coffee. I like Jenny's new tutorial,I need to check my layer cakes and see if I have one that work well for that quilt and then I can sew.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight was the Owl Prowl at the Nature Center. The lady who cares for the Great Horned Owl had it perched on her arm on a falconer's glove for the whole 45 minute presentation. It weighs four pounds. It sure was neat to see it. They have feathers on their feet, too! It is not a pet. It is owned not by her but by the Fish and Wildlife Service for educational purposes and she has to do 12 presentations a year to keep it. It eats dead gophers. She said she just got a shipment of 200 frozen gophers. Man, I don't want to get ice cream out of her freezer! lol It has a four foot wingspan and bad breath from eating gophers. We then went outdoors and stomped through the slush into the woods but no owls answered the recorded calls that the naturalist played on her phone. I couldn't see outside in the woods. I couldn't tell where my feet were and where there were slopes or branches. My buddy had to give me his arm and steer me. Finally I asked the naturalist if is was okay for me to shine my flashlight and she said it was, so at least I could then see the ground in front of me. I'm worn out from staggering around in the woods at night...but it would have been worth if if an owl had hooted back! @,@

No sewing for me but I may do some background fabric cutting after I drink another cup of coffee. I hope everyone's projects go well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Kim I'm sorry you didn't get to see or hear an owl on your prowl other than the one she demonstrated.Sounds like you got a workout though.Have a good night.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After working on that last project I am afraid "scrappy" may not be the style for me. I'm not going to give up on it yet, as I had a particular look I was going for. That may have made the difference. It just made me want o put off the string quilt project a little farther!
    I'm done for the night and shall tuck into the nest for some Zzzs.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Clutter, sheesh, how do we collect so much in a short period of time. About 2 months ago I started clearing all the counter clutter in the kitchen every Saturday. I just grab a box, move everything into it then walk around the house putting everything in its place. I've found as I've done this that there is less and less clutter every week.

Toggpine, it will never cease to amaze me how each of us feels differently about their sewing style. I'm finding as time passes I do more and more scrap quilting. Only things that are smaller than 1.5" square go into the trash. Everything else is saved. I keep thinking how even those small pieces cost as much as the yardage folded and waiting for use. I love coming up with ways to use those small pieces and find myself working on smaller and smaller blocks to use them up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like scrappy and string quilts but have found that I think they look better if I control the colors. I saved so many scraps that I had no time for other quilts. Been attacking the clutter in my sewing room and will be passing on many of the scraps to my guild's stash as I need to spend my time finishing some UFO's. Of course when while finishing the UFOs I will be creating and new stash of scraps.

Kim, Too bad you didn't see any owls during your walk though the muddy woods but that Great Horn Owl must have been something to see up close. Did you give him a hello Hoot from all of us Forum Night Owls?

Been awake for awhile and getting hungry. DH picked up some fresh bagels last night and I think it's time to have one with a cup of coffee or tea.