Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creative Grids Stripology vs. June Tailer Shape Cut Plus Rulers

I have the June Taylor and I am pleased with it, it's easy to place, hold and cut. I'm glad I bought it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Had the June Tailor many, MANY moons ago. Got broken in transit and got the Stripology as a present last year. Love the sturdiness and stiffness which ensures a straight cutting line. If I'm working with fabric wider than 44" I sometimes have to snip a bit at the bottom or top where the fabric is folded (prefer to see the fold and selvege so it's the way I fold that causes this situation.)

With the Stripology it's most important to keep the rotary cutter blade perpendicular to the ruler. I had the tendency to have the cutter at a 45 degree angle and discovered the cutter frame was riding on the ruler and not cutting the fabric.

Either one will work faster than cutting multiple strips with only a ruler.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the Stripology lovers. I used Mom23's June Tailor ruler on a retreat and liked it. When the Stripology came out I bought it. At first I thought I would use it for cutting binding and other long strips. I was wrong. I have found that I can't wait to cut with it for regular blocks - squares and rectangles. But the best use for me is cutting fabric in widths bigger than my other rulers. Cutting a block 10" or 14" is easy now.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seajay View Post
    The Stripology ruler/template is has more structure - stiffer and gives a truer cut. Because it is made of thicker material it does not bow or flex as much when you push on it while cutting. I had both strip templates and got rid of the June Taylor one.

my opinion....
    Seajay
    Me too. Exact same thought and I got rid of the June Tailor too
    Kathe

Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

5. Thanks yorkielady thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and tend to use June Taylor one more than the Stripology one.. Like someone else said on here, the June Taylor is longer from fron to back and cuts the whole strip. With the Stripology I have to snip the ends of the strip because it isn't long enough to cut through it all..Yes the June Taylor is more flexible but once it is laying flat on the cutting table it doesn't bend.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

As with others, my one complaint about the Stripology is you can not cut entire WOF strips without either moving the template or snipping one end when done. I really do think this is a flaw in the product. That being said, I do use it a lot but mumble everytime when I have to "finish" the strips.
    Debbie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    As with others, my one complaint about the Stripology is you can not cut entire WOF strips without either moving the template or snipping one end when done. I really do think this is a flaw in the product. That being said, I do use it a lot but mumble everytime when I have to "finish" the strips.
    I noticed this happening a few times when I started to use the ruler. I have found that my 60 mm or my ergonomic Martelli 45 mm are the best for my cutting with this ruler. Also, I make sure the rotary blade handle is almost perpendicular at the beginning and ending of the cut. That has eliminated the problem for me.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Stripology ruler/template is has more structure - stiffer and gives a truer cut. Because it is made of thicker material it does not bow or flex as much when you push on it while cutting. I had both strip templates and got rid of the June Taylor one.

my opinion....
    Seajay
    this has been my experience as well. I much prefer the Stripology ruler.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

my opinion....
    Seajay
    Ditto. Love the Stripology: it has more body to it, cuts more pieces (a wider, longer ruler), and I have found that it seems to reduce that horrible bend in the middle of the cut strips.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, if you are going to buy one or the other, I'd go with the Stripology. I own both, and the Stripology gives consistent results.