Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday morning hellos

I re-read your post. I'm not exactly sure why you felt like deleting it. I know you make special efforts to try and lift us up every day, but I think it unrealistic for us to expect you to always have nothing but happy thoughts. In fact, when you share your feelings whether they be happy ones OR sad it brings you even closer to us in our hearts. I'm sorry your client has lost her loved one. I know what a warm and giving human being you are so I know this time is a sad time for you as well. That's okay.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Sandy ~ I've never heard of putting Vicks on the bottom of one's feet! How does that work? I use Vicks on my chest & dab a little bit under my nose (not in the nose). The Neti Pot works well to flush junk out of the sinuses. Several people around here have had that bug; it seems to hang on a long time.
    Whenever I have a really bad cold, I put a thick layer of Vicks on the bottom of my feet then cover it w/a heavy pair of socks. The bottom of your feet are connected to your entire body. Look online and you can find pressure points you can press on for different problems....it's pretty amazing.

Anyway, somehow the fumes from the Vicks, go thru your entire body and clear your sinuses....w/in about 20 minutes, you can taste and smell it. It's quite odd how it works, but it does!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just dropping in to say hello!! We're battling jet lag, but the unpacking is done and laundry is working its way through. I let the kids get out of bed this morning (3am) with promises that they will take non-fighting naps at 9:30. I hope they fall asleep then, then I can get over to school and face the reality of the WORK that lies ahead... It's been a glorious 3 weeks of vacation, I've been so on vacation, I wonder if I will recognize my students on Monday! LOL!

For now, with this backwards day, I'm going to sit and work on my sons quilt.... Might as well, there isn't much else going on at 4:30 while the kids play!! (It's Friday morning here, but I was in bed last night before this thread started! I hate jet lag!)