Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2016 SECRET SANTA

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 2016 group is open and the first theme has been been posted
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2016 SECRET SANTA

So .. If I'm understanding correctly... You make/purchase a gift each month that corresponds with that months theme but all the monthly gifts are mailed at one time by the Nov/Dec date??

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted to sign up this time... but having to make 80% of the gifts... made me pass. There are not that many gifts that I make myself for anyone outside of a quilt or a mug rug. I am gift challenged. LOL.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I really wanted to sign up this time... but having to make 80% of the gifts... made me pass. There are not that many gifts that I make myself for anyone outside of a quilt or a mug rug. I am gift challenged. LOL.
    Agreed! Me too! But I joined anyway! You should too! I have a hard time making things without knowing who they are going to!
    Just join!
    Happy Quilting!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

This is my second time joining, there are lots of things to make, table runner, place mats, mug rugs, if you crochet, make and lap quilt, small wall quilt, pot holders, apron, pouches, easy tote bag. Look at Pinterest for ideas. Charm pack, layer cake, jelly roll, then throw in filler, fabric glue, best press, wonder clips, pins needles, scissors. Wow I just gave away all my secrets. It's all about having fun, You'll be fine.
    Maureen 

6. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed this last year and re-signed up. I was a little handmade gift challenged but I have a lot more ideas for this year. Personally I'd like getting the name of the person I'm making for earlier because then I could really tailor things to their tastes but I wholly understand why we have to wait. In previous years there were occasions when some didn't complete projects and dropped out making it more difficult to then line up secret santa's with recipients. Anyway. I just love, love, love this group :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

8. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

This is my third year playing and I find each year I feel a little more comfortable about what to expect. The first year I was so afraid my gifts would not be "good enough" but of course that was just silly. Being in this group has made me step up and try things sooner than I probably would have. I did my first zipper and my first try at PP for gifts for this group. And both years when I got my gifts I found ideas I plan to "steal" and use for my gifts I make. Lots of fun. Rhonda has opened up the 2015 group again so folks can go and look at the pictures of all the great things that were made by this years group. Take a look - lots and lots of wonderful ideas.
    Debbie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Aww come on Kensington-I think you just need us to talk you into it or you wouldn't have posted on this thread. The polka dot theme for January hooked me! As I have done a Secret Santa in the past with a different group it was so much fun! I, also, would like the name earlier but totally understand why we don't get the name until October. There are so many ideas out there - and who doesn't like getting a box of mostly handmade gifts!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Kensington, you seemed like a woman who liked a good challenge. Come join in the fun!