Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12/29/15 - Finishing touches and new beginnings

I have to clean a stove and put it in place but I am also planning to sew most of the day. I've heard that saying also that what you do on the first day of the year will continue. So, come on quilters - let's sew!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've sewed my Allietare blocks, but I must make a decision about borders. As I worked mostly from scraps and a few FQs, I only have this yardage I can make borders with:

I don't think I'll use the yellow -it's too light. And maybe I use grey for the setting corners instead of red. What do you think of these options?

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Me gusta la primera, creo que resaltan los bloque mas, aunque tambien debo decirte que quiza esas calaveras no son muy de mi gusto, pero siempre digo que cada decision depende de quien lo hace,suerte

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really love the way the quilt pops with the black.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Black too for me! It adds a nice contrast! I would go with that!

Very happy for what I managed to do yesterday... In the morning I did cut all the pieces of Block 1 (except one fabric that I changed last minute and I glad I did) and in the evening I managed to work on a EPP project of a Death Star, it's a gift, glad that the easy bottom half part is done it was fun!

Today I'm working but I'm glad cause I need a piece of fabric we have at work
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the contrast of the black, but at first I wasn't very convinced with the skulls fabric either. I used some of that fabric in the quilt, but in small tiny squares. If I use it in the border, it will be the dominant theme of the quilt. I don't have any budget right now to buy any other fabric, so my options are: to wait until I get paid and risk this project becoming an UFO, or use up my present fabrics, call it the "Pirate Quilt" and use it for my little cousins or nieces when they sleep over in the summer.

"Allietare" means rejoycing, and it should be fun. I didn't have any intended recipient for this quilt, and I already have formal quilts and bedspreads.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the gray as the setting triangles, and I agree with the others that the black finishes the quilt nicely. If you have enough red for the wider border, consider using the black for the thin border and binding.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really like both options, but here is a third - in the bottom one there is not a thin border - could you add the black as the thin border? If you did that, I would probably also bind with the black. Fun quilt!

I haven't started this one, since I didn't want the added pressure - I tried to do the one last year and got frustrated and I just didn't think I needed that extra stress this holiday season, but I definitely have the fabric for this one in my stash - love reds and blacks. I love how this one turned out, so once I finish my cathedral stars (all blocks have been done for awhile), this will be my next BH quilt.

Need to get my Downton Abbey quilt finished as the last season starts this week! Maybe I will get motivated to get in the sewing room today.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I see we are off to a good start for quilting in 2016.
    I like the idea of a thin black boarder if you can make it work.
    Splinter, I saw a post about the 365 blocks and joined- God help me, lol. I think it will inspire me to learn more blocks and use up my stash.
    So now I'm finishing up two small projects, so I'm off and running.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like the red setting corners with the gray but would take the black and do a narrow inner border and then use it to bind like others suggested.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.