Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: new year, new goals...what one word describes your goals for 2016

Faith.........I truly need to concentrate on my faith. So many others ring true; health, peace, joy, declutter, organize, prioritize, more family time, less stress, reduce ......everything comes back to faith. I know if I have faith, I truly can do anything

2. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Simplify - I need to simplify my life in oh so many ways. Along with that will come more time for faith and family, more organization, more money, less stress and more time. I'm going to make a sign to hang in my sewing room saying "Simplify" as reminder that I have told everybody on the forum that's my goal. I hope I can tell you six months from now that I've met my goal!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

4. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Health. Over the past year or so I had a bilateral mastectomy for breast cancer (as many of you know), followed by chemotherapy, a year of Herceptin, and now the daily pill for 5 years. I want to eat healthier food, exercise more often, stress less, and focus on what is truly important.
    PS Please get your annual mammogram--it could save your life (it saved mine).

Marci

6. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

ME
    It may sounds selfish but I need to take care of me. I've been having health issues for an year and a half so far, which made me become even fatter, it's not good for my health plus I really want to become a mother, so I want to really change my life and clean myself. Body and soul. I need to think of me for once in my life and I'll have once again all my energy back and I will be able to spend time with my hubby, my friends, my family, my hobby and make my dreams come true.
    It will be a great year of change

I wish everyone will meet their goals
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

8. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

GIVE Me to give more away, love, things, time, help. What ever I can give to help someone.
    Glenda

When life goes to pieces.......Make a Quilt!

10. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

NEW. I have so many things I want to try that I've never attempted before in the sewing/quilting/embroidery realm. I want to be a better seamstress in a broader spectrum of things. I've recently went back to garment sewing for a few things for my granddaughter and this has been enjoyable. I've made so many clothes in the past and didn't think I'd ever want to again. I'm going to tackle patterns I've bought, even if they're a bit tough.

12. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

BELIEVE - as believe in myself that I CAN do it. I put off for about 2 years setting up my longarm frame and then another few months before I finally put my home sewing machine on it. Guess what - everything worked just fine. I second guess ideas I form in my head on how I think a pattern should go until I remind myself that it's just fabric. If it doesn't turn out, grab more fabric! If it does, I could be on to something. Would never make me a millionaire though, sigh. haha! If I believe in myself more, I wouldn't procrastinate so much in getting something started. I wanted to embroider a name on a baby quilt today and spent most of the day procrastinating about it because I've only done one letter on it before (which turned out great). Then after I practiced with the name (after dragging my butt downstairs because I thought I would have to read and re-read the manual and it would take forever), I stitched out the name 3 times increasing the size of it. I was going to put her name just on a piece of fabric and then hand applique it to the quilt, but I got brave and believed I could just embroider it right on the quilt and it turned out perfect!
    So, if I BELIEVE, I hope to take that procrastination and put it right out the window. This can also apply to other areas of my life. (However, it will not apply to when it snows. I either walk or don't go. Simple as that. haha.)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for the word... FINISH.. like others have said they have so many things they started, quilts/projects- I , too, have that same problem. I'll start something then get side tracked and off I go on another binge.

I need to put up a sign with that word.. maybe several signs. Finish---- FINISH ---- FINISH

15. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post