Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: new year, new goals...what one word describes your goals for 2016

Healthy - I underwent double mastectomy 2 years ago and now take a pill every day for the next 5 years. However, my oncologist informed me just before Christmas last year that my tumor markers were normal - thank you God. I have close followup and I just pray to stay healthy. I have 2 sons, 5 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren, and I want to spend a lot more time with them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Family - I want to spend MORE time with family.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Decide- many changes have been underway since mom passed in August. This year, I want to decide what is best for me. Moving to FL to be closer to my oldest and soon to be three grandkids, or staying right where we are. It's time to 'have a life' like my oldest says. It's time to decide what we want to do with our lives.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

SIMPLIFY.

I need to simplify my life so that I can spend more time on what I love and with whom I love!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Organize. The last year I spent considerable time organizing the house and have everything cleaned out, cleaned up and in its place. With the lovely supplies Santa brought me I plan to start to tackle the sewing room tomorrow. I have shelves to put together with baskets, bins and boxes and labels, lots of labels.....and well everything I need. I'm going to measure every length of fabric I have and fold it correctly and stack it by measurement. I'm going to sort scraps by color and cut them in strips and squares and quit throwing them in bags that get stuffed in corners and never opened. I have the nicest stack of a variety of colored cubes to sort scraps in that are waiting to be cut up. I have no aspirations of completing this in a week, I have allowed myself 6 months to complete the get my sewing world organized to do list completed. I know I will feel a much greater sense of peace being in my sewing room if I can get it organized.

6. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

de clutter, less is more...I have too much stuff I have collected over the past 60 years and I need to let go. Simplify my life style, and start enjoying things that make me happy.

8. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ambitious - it's the first word that came to mind since I'm trying to get the engine moving on my business

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Calm. I keep saying to myself, "I need calm, not control."
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Faith - Faith that I can try new things, Faith, not fear~ that I CAN do hard things. Faith that my path is known by our loving Heavenly Father and will bless my life.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

12. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Simplicity is my word. I want a simple life, free of clutter (both material & spiritual) & focused on the people I love.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt

14. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post