Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas everyone. No kids up yet. Just Phil, Papa and I are up. Turkey cooked, breakfast french toast waiting to go into the oven.

Have a wonderful Christmas day, my friends. Drive safely everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Merry Christmas Everyone

Good morning Monique and Merry Christmas! Not a creature is stirring here.....well, except me.

Have a great day everyone and may the blessings and joy of the season be yours. Will keep those who are travelling in my thoughts and prayers for safe journeys.
    Sandy B.
    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas to all. May everyone have a blessed day. I'm about to get moving and finish wrapping gifts before the gang comes over later.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OurTree.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	123098 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Our Girls.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	123099

Our Christmas morning is going nicely. Dottie shoved her head into a gift bag and took off running and almost turned the tree over. She really gets into the holiday spirit every year. Olive was a spectator until the new toys for them came out. Our little family wishes you all a wonderful Christmas Day. I'm off to the kitchen to make bread pudding and dressing for the Cornish hens.
    Last edited by Bubby; December 25th, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas everyone!
    I am most thankful I am spending Christmas at home. The Dr. wanted to admit me to the hospital yesterday but I convinced him I would follow all the stipulations he laid out for that to happen.
    Wishing you all the best and looking forward to another year at M* and making more forum friends!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

May all my forum friends have joyous Christmas and remember why we celebrate.

Cathy - follow those doctor's orders or I'll be up there to take care of you!! Get Well.

Simple traditional cooking today! Al and I did make a lovely pear tart yesterday and our sampling told us we did a great job.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Merry Christmas Everyone

Mwrry Christmas to you,
    It was quite here until this super loud rumbling thunder came in with lightning too, my phone rang, the say noy to answer, it's LIGHTNING calling.
    Hope its not going to be bad stormy. I know some places , it was bad yesterdAy. I hope everyone is ok.

I'm Having my usual intake of coffee. I like the dark roast, and it smells sooo goood. I do not Deloitte my coffee, no sugar, No cream. Straight up is perfect.Attachment 123100

WE had a lovely time with extended family last nigh. Now today our kids will come, and my brother too. I'm glad to have him join us this year. We are trying to start over since the loss of our Mom. I'm pretty optimistic, things are looking ptetty good, S t ill needs a better job, but hopefully this too will come his way.
    We were Very close as kids, then ...( long story short)....we went down different paths. .....but now....He is a changed man , clean and sober for neatly 2 years. I'm glad to have my brother back in my life. We were only 16 mo apart in age so he was a baby while I was still a baby....shhhhew. I don't know how people do it mine were 2 1/2 yrs. apart. I thought it was pretty good age difference.

Well need a refill on my coffee so .......Attachment 123101....🆗

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas to all you special people thank you all for the friendship you have extended to me.
    Cathy follow those Dr's instructions, take care of you we want you better.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas Everyone, Hope Santa was good to you this year.

Cathy, Glad doc let you stay home but please follow his orders!

Bee - Happy you and your brother are getting together again.

Barb, Your Scottie's are so cute.

Everyone enjoy the day with family, friends or your sewing machine. I'm off to get waffles started as some family will soon be here for breakfast. later this afternoon I'll pop the food in the oven for our Christmas dinner, DIL bringing what she prepared - hope it's a cheesecake.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All, & Merry Christmas! Just DH & me to celebrate the day. It's a chilly 18 deg. We still have snow on the ground from the 15th. Possibility of 1-4" in the next 24 hrs. That Cold Full Moon was bright this a.m. I went to our church's Christmas Eve service at 5 p.m. yest. The church was packed. There was another service to be held at 7 p.m. DH goes to bed at 6 p.m.; he already was asleep by the time I got home. By the time supper is over, he's worn out & ready for bed. He's still making it through each day, one day at a time. Only the good Lord knows how much longer he'll be with me. He's down to 112 lb.

Yest. afternoon I sandwiched, pin basted, & machine basted the edges of the latest 4-P baby quilt. It's all ready to quilt. I always make a sample block sandwich of all the fabrics in a quilt on which to try out my quilting pattern. I hope to get started on the quilting today.

Our doorbell rang ~4:15 yest. afternoon. It was the neighbor from across the street. The 4 kids--3 of whom are triplets now 6 y.o., 2 twin girls & a boy-- & the older sister (3rd grade) were with him. They gave us a card & round container of goodies. What a lovely surprise. DH cannot eat any of them, & I shouldn't (diabetes), but I will nibble on them a little at a time so my blood sugar doesn't skyrocket. It really was nice to be remembered.

God bless everyone on this Christmas Day.