Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bought myself a quilting book

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Looks like a great book!

That's not expensive for a book you will have forever. We buy layer cakes for that much to cut up!
    Thanks Lorie, I'll have to remember to use that rationalization with my dh when the bill comes next month! But the LC were only $25.19, so WE know what a good deal that was.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I don't have that one, but just so you won't feel guilty and alone, I confess I bought a quilt book today too. For me!!! Yeah I did get some fabric too, FQS has a huge layer cake sale today. But I can't wait to get the book. It was a real (expensive) splurge, mini quilt patterns for $16.98 (gulp, cough, don't spill your drink when you read that!) The book, obviously, was not on sale!!
    This month I really exaggerated a bit I bought fabrics in the fabric store for a friend of mine who will soon be mom, but it’s a gift. I bought fabric at a modern quilt shop and exceeded what I had in mind BUT I’m trying my first BOM to make hubby and I a quilt (so it’s still a gift right?), then I bought at work more fabrics to match for the BOM and still not have all of them… NOW the book… guess I really need to dig in my stash before buying anything for doing ANY of this book projects

Quote Originally Posted by stitchwishes View Post
    Oh I'd really like to know how you like the book, and if it would be good for a beginner. I always like Pat Sloan's tips, but I've never even peeked at her books. I've never tried applique of any sort, but was thinking of adding one embellishment to a tote I'm making right now.
    I do think it’s good for a beginner. I already read the whole book! And already the title suggest that’s really about teaching people “how to” and then there are the projects! I think it really explains well how to do raw edge appliquè. Already knew this tecnique but with her tips I think I’ll make better appliquè! I’m very happy of my purchase!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the "My small world" pattern this week, and it was more than your full book. Nothing to feel guilty about. Now to find time to make it. Have never done applique, especially with small pieces, but decided I need to challenge myself one day (not that I'm not already challenged with other things).