Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Husqvarna Viking Juliet Question

Craigslist has one for $50. I am interested in the monogramming function for key fobs or purses. Would it work for that? The listing says it is like new. Condition aside--is anyone familiar with this particular machine? My old Bernina 1230 is great for piecing but of course can not do monograms. It was just listed this morning. Any comments or suggestions?!?!

Marci

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Husqvarna Viking Juliet Question

I am not familiar with the Juliet model per se. It is one of the many promotional models that were based on the Prelude 340 - 360 I believe, a group 5 machine. I have an Emma from the same group. It is hard to find info on these short-lived models. I did find a photo of the stitch selection chart for the Juliet, and it is very similar to the stitches available on my Emma. This is a mechanical machine. You could do freehand embroidery. It is a low shank ankle with snap on feet. I have many feet for my Emma, both generic and Viking brand. Their new walking foot, while expensive, is superb. It has interchangeable feet for SITD, straight stitch and zigzag. Also has 2 guides. My Emma was made in Sweden (! quality) and I believe the Juliet was too. Beautiful stitch, fairly heavy, sews many layers easily, doesn't vibrate, a clear bobbin case to see what thread is left, easy threading, not at all tempermental. You do not oil this machine ever. I don't know the original price of the Juliet. Maybe around $450. So that is a bargain for a quality low to middle of the range machine that won't let you down.

Here's the pinterest link with the photo of the stitches.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/461970874248246757/

Hope this helps.