Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12/22/15 - Only 3 more sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Sylvia, I LOVE the fabrics you used for these microwave bowl pot holders! Where did you find them?
    Thank you. They were made from left overs of other projects. The main set of fabrics, with the dishes, knives and forks, etc., came from a line called "Lizzy Dish", which was manufactured in 2008. I didn't start quilting until 2010. When I came across this fabric online, it was already out of stock at local and online stores, but different cuts were available on ebay. The colors were perfect for my DDIL's Fiesta dinner ware, so I bought everything I could from ebay. I made my DDIL a table runner and matching placemats with the material. I had enough leftovers to make two more sets of placemats and the various microwave bowl holders as well.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Clue 4--DONE!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1260.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	123023

The flowers my step-daughter sent match the pieces.

Name:	DSCN1268.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	123024

And now to celebrate--Happy Holidays to all!

Name:	DSCN1251.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	123025
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas presents are all done. I can relax a bit.

Oh well who am I kidding? If I didn't have a few errands to do in the morning I would start sewing right away stuff for the baby a friend is going to have soon! But I couldn't possibly start earlier I'm itching to sew!

Wish you all the best day possible!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

My husband just left for work, and my car is spending Christmas with the mechanic. My two pooches and I have several hours stranded at home, so we are going to organize the sewing room. Well, I am going to organize the sewing room. They are going to sleep in my lap until I finish reading the forum posts, and then they are going to sleep on the threshold/hallway while I work in the sewing room. After I spend some time organizing, I will reward myself with time to sew.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

finished the binding on the table runner and the baby quilt and the quilt is in the wash. Finished another stocking are we done yet? Got my fabric in the mail to hopefully work on DH quilt but it was the wrong fabric. So close but not. So that is still on hold. Lost my photo program and can't find my key to reactivate it so can't resize any of my pictures to post them but I have been getting tons done.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to dive in for some major clean-up in my sewing space, but other than the shirts I made the kids the other day the only thing I've managed is the cutting of fabric.... i suspect a serger is under the tree though ;-)

Also, I'm probably going to drop into a day-after-Christmas sew-along with friends, so I will unearth something quilty to do there ;-)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I made my first burp cloth for a friend. How easy and fast to do it! I really wanted some quick relaxing sewing before Christmas. You know, just a "me" time for ten minutes! Wish everyone a great Christmas!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!! We have a 4 year old and a nearly 7 year old, how could it not have been full of joy??

I was right about my serger, but no thread!! I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of Hancock Fabric tomorrow, because they are the closest store to my house! I could probably talk my Mom into going to JoAnn with me too, but it would have to be later, and with kids in tow, I'm not sure if I'm THAT brave.... I want to make my daughter a mermaid tail for her birthday... but I can probably wait at least until I get the serger working and sew the six other projects I have in line in front of it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, another Christmas come and gone. I'm happy to say that my family loved their quilts. 13 quilts were passed out and everyone was so thrilled. I think they'd be tired of them by now but I guess not. The Quilt of Valor was presented to my father in law and he was truly touched, made all the last minute rush to finish worth it. Up next a New Years Eve mystery from the New Quilt Talk group on yahoo. I'm happy to see the mystery will use jelly rolls this year. Also cutting more tumblers for the enders/leaders project.
    Anita G.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MomGram View Post
    . . . I'm happy to say that my family loved their quilts. 13 quilts were passed out and everyone was so thrilled. I think they'd be tired of them by now but I guess not. The Quilt of Valor was presented to my father in law and he was truly touched, made all the last minute rush to finish worth it. . . .
    Wow! 13 quilts! You put a lot of love into this Christmas. I think it would be great to give everyone a quilt for Christmas, but I'd have to start on that right now. Once one is finished, I can't wait to give it away. Who knows? Maybe 2016 will be the year that I finally get some organization in my sewing room.