Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Probably a good thing I don't live here......

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    For a moment I thought she was running around in my basement . . .
    Don't tell her, but I AM in her basement!!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingRN View Post
    I love Fabric Mart! It is always a stop when we go to Oahu. I always come back with fantastic Hawaiian prints and Bark Cloth.

The prices are great and I always leave with a huge package I have to ship home!!!
    I got great bark cloth at another shop. I would have to ship it too, except we each get two checked items....phew!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

bubba enjoy your Hawaii vacation. I live here and shop these two stores quite often. Your pics look like the Waikiki store on Kalakaua avenue which is just about 1/2 mile across the Ala Wai Canal. They also have a larger store in Aiea. Don't forget to go upstairs at the Waikiki store where all the quilter fabrics are. Their fabrics range from $4.45 - $6.99 a yard with batiks about $7. They also have a $2.99 stack of flats (folded fabrics not on the cardboards), you can find some great fabrics their. Just make sure you are not in line behind the folks that come in from Japan to purchase fabrics for their Hula Halau's (group). They are ordering by the 100's of yards, I know I have been behind them at the Waikiki store. I was at the Aiea store last week and this guy was ordering very large rolls of gauze fabric in white and beige. I thought he was sewing for a show or something and asked him. He said it was for King Kong that is being filmed here in Hawaii, yeah! Merry Christmas or Mele Kalikimaka from Hawaii, carol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, the pictures were from the Aiea store. I don't think I took any at the one behind the mall, but that does not mean I did not go there!! I also went to another little shop tucked back on Martha Street, near the Zippys in Waikiki. The man who owns it is very nice and I talked with him a long time waiting for MM to show up. Sadly, I did not make it to Kaimuki Dry Goods this trip. We should be back in about six months, so I will for sure then, especially since we plan to be here for a month!!

We are just getting ready to pack our bags.....we head back tomorrow.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Are they online? That's amazing!

Marci

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozziepuppy View Post
    Are they online? That's amazing!
    I think so.......

Check Fabric Mart.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    How fun! I was in there only once. One of my dd's and I ran in to get some bathing suit fabric. Dh and my other dd waited in the car. I felt so rushed we couldn't shop very much.

I would love directions...... when hubs it back.....I would love to have some bathing suit fabric. ........this is new inspiration for me to travel.....lol .....THANKS.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SewnByBee View Post
    I would love directions...... when hubs it back.....I would love to have some bathing suit fabric. ........this is new inspiration for me to travel.....lol .....THANKS.
    I would love to give you directions but I don't live on that island and haven't been there for years. Carol could help you since she lives there. Are you planning a trip soon?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fabric+mart+hawaii
    Last edited by Hulamoon; December 21st, 2015 at 09:03 AM.

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Directions for Aiea Fabric Mart - the store is on Hekaha Street off of Nimitz highway in a small shopping center, Cutter Ford is on the corner where you turn in toward the ocean, Pearl Harbor is just a stones throw from the front door of the shop. The Waikiki Store is right on Kalakaua avenue about 1/2 mile past the Ala Wai Canal bridge heading away from Waikiki. Try and do Google Maps and you should be able to find the stores. Have fun shopping when you get a chance to come to Hawaii. Remember the Waikiki store has a second floor where all the goodie fabrics are, downstairs is a lot of Hawaiian print fabrics.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to the Aiea store, ask them for directions for Shiro's, which is about a block away. Sit down and enjoy a bowl of Saimin! Then walk down the strip mall to Baldwins and have a shaved ice!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!