Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 12/15/15, Ho Ho Ho, Sew, Sew Sew

I hope all that are working on Christmas gifts are making good progress. I still have to finish a table runner. I know you will find this hard to believe, but while working on this table runner, I was diverted to do something else that has NOTHING to do with a Christmas gift at all! Oh squirrel!

What is everyone else doing this week?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12/15/15, Ho Ho Ho, Sew, Sew Sew

I'll be working on units for my Jamestown Landing, assorted other projects, and Allietare on Friday.

Have a productive week, everyone!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, everyone. I'm still working on Christmas gifts. Took the day away from my machine yesterday and hit the shops. I'm happy to say finished my Christmas shopping.

Sylvia, I so understand the squirrel, I've told myself I can do the leader/ender challenge cutting just as soon as my holiday list is finished but I keep stopping and cutting tumblers.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have wound up with most projects that I wanted/needed to finish and now I want to make a dress for my DGD and a longall for my DGS, I bought the fabric on our recent vacation, so cute but I have not sewn clothes in so long I am procrastinating.
    My DH also mentioned that the cookie lady had not been by our house. I need to get some cooking done it appears.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

No sewing for me. It's been a long time considering I was sewing every day when we were overseas. Too much to do in the house to sew. I have two weddings coming up end of February and beginning of March. I hope I can get the quilts made in time. If not, I think we have a year from the date of the wedding to send a gift. I won't be too far off the mark but I'd really like to avoid shipping by mail. It adds to the cost and there's always worry until it actually reaches the recipient.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

This:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	122610 top of schoolhouse quilt. X-mas gifts are done done done. Making 2 BGBs out of hiney-ugly orange and green 30's repro fabric (well, ugly to me) is something I really wished I hadn't agreed to do. I'm ready to get back to my girly fabric.

And figuring out my new computer since my old one exploded a month ago. Missed you guys!!!!!
    Last edited by pharris123; December 15th, 2015 at 06:41 PM.
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all!

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Friday after lunch, I will officially be on Christmas break and do not have to go back to work until January 4th. I have high hopes for sewing, sewing, sewing. However, I have much to do to wrap things up. The annual Christmas Party is tomorrow evening, and the Board meets on Thursday evening. This is a week of 10+ hour work days, but it will be worth it to have a long break. I'm beginning my break by taking a trip to MSQC to see the holiday ornaments and do some sewing. My mom and I are going to spend two nights there at the new B&B. Until Friday, I don't expect to have time for sewing. At least I'll be able to start the next Allietare clue Friday afternoon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Been working in the sewing room with some last minute gifts and stocking stuffers. Made some potholders that have a pocket on the front, put a spatula and some biscotti in the pocket folded it in half and tied a ribbon around it. I embroidered a kitchen towel to go along with them. Also on a snowflake kick, and made my first lace angel.
    Tomorrow I hope to start some cookie baking.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've finished my Christmas presents well actually I still need to make a few Key Pouches for my coworkers but I've already made enough to know the pattern and be cool about it, I know I can do it. Even the last night available :P
    Usually I finish everything at the very last minute, but this year I managed to take care of the big part of presents in the first half of December, yeah

Plus I have another project, a dear friend will have a baby, at the end of December or, as they hope, late January, so here is my assemble of fabrics to make everything she requested and I've decided to make (baby quilt, burp cloths, a towel and a diaper bag maybe)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stoffine prese.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	122623
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So far behind had a horrible week. We lost our dear senior golden to a spleen rupture. One moment wonderfully health the next we had to say Goodbye. Bad news after bad news from my siblings. I don't even want to answer the phone anymore if one more calls with bad news I might just lose it.

Ran out of two fabrics for DH seahawk quilt everyone is out of it. Last night I finally dragged myself into the sewing room and got two more stockings done got two more prepped for FMQ and was finishing the third when I realized I missed catching a corner of the cuff in the seam. I pinned the heck out of it but awh well such is my week. Free flying lesson for it and then I left the room.

Maybe today will be better.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.