Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grace SR-2 Frame

A few months ago I purchased the Grace Company SR-2 Frame. I loved it....until the plastic parts started breaking. The metal frame is sturdy and I have had no issues with it at all. Twice I have had to order replacement parts for one of the brackets because of a stop which will not stay on. It still will not hold the back rail (the one closest to me) tight. It rolls at will.

I ordered my frame online so I depend on the dealer and the manufacturer to help me. The dealer was a dead end and Grace Company has been very helpful with sending me parts but I believe I needed to replace the whole bracket rather than a part at a time, especially since that is not working.

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, how did you get them corrected?

I am not ranting yet. I still love my frame, but it has to be useable. Right now I am trying to get my granddaughter's quilt done before her birthday in a couple of days and I am relying on the bungees and the plastic thingamabobs that go over that rail and my quilt to keep it relatively tight. Even so, I can see the wrinkles and bubbles.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grace SR-2 Frame

I have the Grace Start Right frame that came before the SR frame. I've had to replace one of the ratchet assemblies that holds the pole in place. My issue was the opposite of yours. The ratchet peg didn't want to retract so the pole could turn and it broke while trying to roll the quilt. I now release all the poles before rolling and don't let it ratchet notch-by-notch. It also helps to put lubricant on the ratchet assembly. I ordered directly from Grace.

Is the button that you pull out to release the ratchet peg so it will go back up into the notch on the wheel not working?
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post

Is the button that you pull out to release the ratchet peg so it will go back up into the notch on the wheel not working?
    Yes, exactly. Once you try to release the rachet peg the whole assembly comes apart. I have ordered the ratchets themselves as well as the ratchet pegs. What I really want to do is replace the entire ratchet assembly including the metal portion. It just does not work anymore.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just talked to Grace Company again and they looked up the pictures I had previously sent and agreed to mail me the complete rail holder right. I pay of course, but I will do anything right now to get my frame back in top shape. I love it when I can use it properly.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're getting what you need and I hope it solves your problem. When I ordered the ratchet assembly, I ordered multiples just in case another one broke but so far so good. The only other part I've had to order is the plastic bracket that attaches the rail holder arm to the main part of the frame...I got multiples of that one too, just in case. Good luck!!
    *~* Myrna *~*

6. Thanks horsein thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am also having an issue with my Grace Frame. I was rolling it while quilting and the whole rail fell out, and the ratchet is not working so it won't keep my rail from rolling down in the middle of quilting. My husband rigged a piece of metal to hold it in place but it should work better than this? I guess I need to call them, what number did you use?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I called the contact # listed on the Grace Company website: 1-800-264-0644
    *~* Myrna *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I called the same number. Be prepared to send pictures.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I called and they shipped me a new part yesterday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carolynrae View Post
    I called and they shipped me a new part yesterday.
    That's wonderful. Now hopefully when we all get our new parts we can quilt away!