Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need an iron

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need an iron

As far as I know the turquoise is the old model, not made any more, and it is not 360 but has a pointed end and a blunt end like a normal iron. The newer 360 also comes in a cord version, cheaper but you still have a cord so it's not as free moving. The 360 comes in colors other than gray.

Also that turquoise one has the iron tip more exposed when in the holder, I suppose if placed in the wrong spot one could bump it and get burned. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but I think the new one is a smidge safer that way. Also wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a new model soon since this has been on sale so much recently.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The turquois one is still available on QVC. I happened to, um, mention it to my DH around the first of December.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Panasonic cordless and love it when its on - but it seems like it shuts off really quick. Not the best scenario for the sew-iron-sew-iron procedure. Seems like I'm always waiting for it to heat back up. I just bought an pretty purple Oliso from Joann's on a really good sale. If I ever get organized enough to have an iron right next to my sewing machine/cutting board I think the Panasonic will work great.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

My cordless Panasonic iron probably my best purchase after my sewing machine. I love it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Panasonic for some things. I find it shuts off to fast too like Chey said. I like my Sunbeam. It gets hot fast and stays hot long.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Panasonic 360. I like it. It cycles off pretty quickly, but also heats up quickly. I pressed a Queen size quilt top today and it was great to not have the cord to deal with.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the Panasonic cordless 360. I like it MUCH better than my previous irons (Black & Decker & Rowenta, may they RIP). I am very happy with this iron and recommend it. It doesn't spit and there is no cord to get in the way.

Marci

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stitchwishes View Post
    As far as I know the turquoise is the old model, not made any more, and it is not 360 but has a pointed end and a blunt end like a normal iron. The newer 360 also comes in a cord version, cheaper but you still have a cord so it's not as free moving. The 360 comes in colors other than gray.

Also that turquoise one has the iron tip more exposed when in the holder, I suppose if placed in the wrong spot one could bump it and get burned. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but I think the new one is a smidge safer that way. Also wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a new model soon since this has been on sale so much recently.
    The turquoise one is also still available at amazon also. I have never had an issue with it and love. love , LOVE it. I prefer this to the 360 as it is the shape of a conventional iron rather then pointed at each end.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CheyMom14 View Post
    I bought the Panasonic cordless and love it when its on - but it seems like it shuts off really quick. Not the best scenario for the sew-iron-sew-iron procedure. Seems like I'm always waiting for it to heat back up. I just bought an pretty purple Oliso from Joann's on a really good sale. If I ever get organized enough to have an iron right next to my sewing machine/cutting board I think the Panasonic will work great.
    Mine heats up so fast there is no waiting time.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend Black & Decker irons... They are reliable, do a great job, are not too big or heavy, and they don't cost a lot. They are a very good deal... The B&D iron does everything a good iron needs to do, at a reasonable price...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit