Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default FINALLY GOT MY CHRISTMAS TREE

Since both DH and I are in no shape to take down our Christmas trees and decorations from the garage overhang t thought we'd get a small pre-lit artificial Christmas tree this year. No matter how things were we always had a Christmas tree but it hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be. Today we found some in Lowe's and Home Depot but they were very expensive, in big heavy pots and ugly too.

Was so frustrated that I decided we should just do some food shopping and go home. Imagine my surprise when we got to the supermarket right outside the main entrance we came upon a few fresh mini trees in among poinsettia plants and evergreen wreaths. I quickly chose one with a nice shape and it will fit nicely on one of our living room tables. Now to get a set of mini lights and maybe make a few quilty ornaments,.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FINALLY GOT MY CHRISTMAS TREE

May......I think those little trees were put there just for you. Happy to hear that you found one that would work for you and your DH this year. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you found something that fits your needs.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: FINALLY GOT MY CHRISTMAS TREE

So proud for you to find a tree. There pretty hard to come by.

My daughter had to order a small slim tree, we couldn't find one in stock, so both of us just now got up trees. I still have some kids gifts to get, i'm not into the croud thing at the as tores, but Maybe I can go early through the week and get done.

I hope you enjoy your hollidays and
    Have a Merry Christmas May.🎅

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love those little trees. There is one market here (sort of mom and pop) that alway's brings them in. Then I found an alpine type tree at Ben Franklins. It's about 4' and was on sale so I bought the 2' one too. I buy homemade ornamnts and ones that look like toy's and they are all really small so it's perfect .Then I bag it up (literaly) and it's ready for the next year!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas May and DH. You know, it doesn't matter the size of the tree or even if you have one. The spirit of the holiday is within your hearts. But....since you have always had a tree, it's wonderful that you both found one, and especially a mini live one, that fits your needs and your situation. You WILL find the sweetest set of lights to bring the right touch of JOY to your find. Have a beautiful and blessed Christmas.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you are feeling like enjoying your beautiful little tree. A few sparkly lights help lighten our spirits.

Have a peaceful Christmas full of good health and promise.
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

How funny to happen upon this posting, May. I'd been eyeing those mini trees at our grocery store and today I picked one up. With all the hulabaloo going on around my house I have no time or inclination to decorate. I told the cashier it doesn't get much easier than sticking a real tree in my cart and bring it home. I'm going to place it on the deep sill in our family room window behind our sofa. I put a strand of lights on it rickety-split. Now, if I can find some Christmas decorations in this house I'll be set. It sure won't take very many to fill it up.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have a small table model artificial tree we've had for quite a few years. It stays decorated all year long. I cover it with a large plastic garbage bag & store it in the bsmt. When it's time to get it out, I just uncover it, carry it upstairs & set it on the coffee table. No muss, no fuss. It certainly makes Christmas easier. It's just the 2 of us.