Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What happens if UPS loses your order?

Well, it's official, UPS has lost my order, it was last scanned a week ago, at what should have been the last town before me.

I know MSQC is crazy busy, and that that is why I can't get anyone on the phone. Does anyone here know what happens when an order is lost by the shipping company?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What happens if UPS loses your order?

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I hope that UPS will be able to locate it and deliver. You might - for the future that is - want to sign up with UPS for their UPS My Choice service. It's free and delivers good info as packages are enroute to you. Once when a package from another vendor was missing for a couple of days but My Choice showed it was delivered to my porch I got a very quick response and solution to the problem from them.

Anyway, here is what you must do to file with UPS.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...t_process.html

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! Sorry for the delay, we're getting back to emails really quick right now, email into customer service (info@missouriquiltco.com) and tell them what's up, they are pros at fixing problems like this

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, folks, this is really long, but: A large part of my 9-to-5 job is filing claims with UPS and FedEx for lost and damaged packages. Here is what you need to do if you have purchased online and the package is LOST:

1. Call or email the company from whom you purchased (the vendor) as soon as you find out the package is missing. You may file a claim, but it is better if THEY do, because UPS will be sending the check to the company from whom you purchased, NOT to you, UNLESS you have your own UPS account and they billed you directly.

2. PRINT EVERYTHING you get via email from the vendor. Before you contact them, make sure you know your order number and the tracking number the package was shipped on. When/if you speak to the vendor, write down the time, date, and THE NAME OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT with whom you spoke. You will need it in case you have to call them for follow-up. Also, assuming they take good care of you, you should email the company's Customer Service manager and tell them what a nice person So-and-So was to work with.

3. Try to remember that this is not your vendor's fault. Once they hand that package over to the driver, they have ZERO control over what happens to it. Make sure you are very specific as to whether you want the item replaced, or just credited back to your account.

4. If you really want to ensure that a package gets to you, fork over the extra $$ for "Signature Service." This time of year, with the increased volume due to holiday shipping, none of the carriers (UPS, FedEx, or the US Postal Service) is going to ring your doorbell and hand you the package unless they have to. It might be well worth the extra peace of mind to know that they cannot just leave the package outside. Of course that also means someone is going to need to be home at your house between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

5. If the package arrives DAMAGED - box is torn up, bashed in, etc.: Do NOT sign for it, unless there is a place on the form that you can note "package damaged." Make them take it back. You can even call FedEx or UPS and tell them to come get the package they damaged. Take photos of both the box and the product, and email those to your vendor. If you're ordering fabric & the box is bashed in, it's probably okay to receive. In that case, OPEN THE BOX AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and examine the contents. If all is well, it's not a bad idea to let the vendor know in an email that the package was damaged, but the contents look okay (so the vendor can have a few words with the UPS rep who wants their business). If something is broken or otherwise not in usable condition, CONTACT THE VENDOR as soon as you are able, and follow their instructions PRECISELY.

6. Please remember that time is of the essence. My company is a distributor, which means we sell to wholesalers and retailers (not to the general public). We frequently ship our products to consumers who have purchased online from one of our customers. The shipping companies have very strict rules regarding how many days you have to report a damaged or lost package. And you will only be able to deal with the company who took your credit card number, not the warehouse that shipped the product.

Hope that helps!

5. Thanks KathyCrofoot thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had a lost order from M*, they replaced the entire order.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just have to share. I purchased a 48 inch TV. So I have the UPS notification and get texts every step of the way. There were some issues for two days, but then the day they delivered I get a text saying delivered at 3:30 in the afternoon. I am at work, meaning they left a 48 inch TV box at my apartment door WHAT!. So I asked our maintenance guys if they would just stop over there and check - they did - guess what - NO TV. Anyway, to make this short, the drivers helper left it at the building next door to mine. Thankfully, when the driver came back it was still there and I got my package. Having notification allows you to really keep on top of what is happening.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can