Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Resie View Post
    I got two orders today that didn't have all the items listed on the packing slip. Check your orders carefully.

    Also, I'm still waiting to make a baby quilt from an order that the layer cake was back ordered from Nov 12th! I hope it comes in soon. It was supposed to be a shower gift for this weekend! Still waiting to hear when I will get it....... I have never had problems like this from them...... Not sure what is going on...... I know they are busy, but Im sad to say, I feel like I can't count on them anymore
    Please stop and think for just one moment how is Missouri Star able to control when back orders arrive? Do you understand what backorder means? Why did you pin all your plans on a backorder arriving in time for you to make your project? I'm sorry to have to be blunt here, but that makes no sense.

  2. #12
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahamblin View Post
    If you have the tracking number then it is out of M* hands. Call the post office and ask that they put a trace on it. The PO has always been very helpful about that.
    After reading the original posting again, I see that she said she has a tracking number and called the Post Office. I agree, that it is out of Missouri Star's control now. My mistake.

  3. #13
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Schwenksville, PA USA
    Posts
    4,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Resie View Post
    I got two orders today that didn't have all the items listed on the packing slip. Check your orders carefully.

    Also, I'm still waiting to make a baby quilt from an order that the layer cake was back ordered from Nov 12th! I hope it comes in soon. It was supposed to be a shower gift for this weekend! Still waiting to hear when I will get it....... I have never had problems like this from them...... Not sure what is going on...... I know they are busy, but Im sad to say, I feel like I can't count on them anymore
    I also ordered an item that had to be backordered. Since I knew how busy M* was, I wanted to do my part in making sure they didn't miss sending it to me when it came back into stock. The first thing I did was put the fabric into my wishlist, because M* sends an email when an item in your wishlist comes back into stock.

    After I received the email that the fabric was back in stock, I sent an email to M* , reminding them to fill the back order and including the applicable information, like my invoice number so they could verify my request.

    One thing I learned from working in the business world is that when things run smoothly, all is great. But when a problem occurs - like a backorder - it can take much longer to work it out. That is why I kept tabs on the backorder.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

  4. #14
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tampa, Fl (born & raised)
    Posts
    5,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahamblin View Post
    If you have the tracking number then it is out of M* hands. Call the post office and ask that they put a trace on it. The PO has always been very helpful about that.
    The last orders I received from M* were sent by UPS Smart Post not the postal service. UPS then transfers them to the local post office for home delivery. This takes several days longer in my experience and is not trackable by the post office until it actually transfers to your delivery unit.
    Donna

  5. #15
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    1,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    I also ordered an item that had to be backordered. Since I knew how busy M* was, I wanted to do my part in making sure they didn't miss sending it to me when it came back into stock. The first thing I did was put the fabric into my wishlist, because M* sends an email when an item in your wishlist comes back into stock.

    After I received the email that the fabric was back in stock, I sent an email to M* , reminding them to fill the back order and including the applicable information, like my invoice number so they could verify my request.

    One thing I learned from working in the business world is that when things run smoothly, all is great. But when a problem occurs - like a backorder - it can take much longer to work it out. That is why I kept tabs on the backorder.
    Thanks for this information. I will definitely do this since I have had an item on backorder for a month almost. I didn't know it was on backorder until I contacted MSQC about an order that was not moving from paid, although I was receiving orders placed days after it. Two days later they told me one of my items was on backorder. They did call to tell me first that they had found my order and was taking it to someone higher (I don't remember who she said). I then got an email to let me know it was backordered and would not be in until Dec 17th. That makes it right at that month mark. They do need a better system to let you know that they ran out before fulfilling your order and let you know when to expect it. I also noticed that the beta site now lists it as backordered and I have a box to check if I want to cancel. They did at least go ahead and ship me the rest of my order. The other fabric is the border so I can at least get started.

    Update: Just checked and they got the fabric in earlier and it is shipping today! Yeah!
    Last edited by Angela J; December 10th, 2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: additonal information

  6. #16
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    7,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    The postal service must be swamped. I have a package coming that was scheduled for delivery on Dec 7. USPS tracking hadn't been updated since Dec 6. and the package was taking a different route than another one shipped from the same place on the same day (rec'd 12/8). I emailed USPS customer service (thru USPS.com) last night and received a response this morning that advised my pkg was delayed due to high volume of business but is on it's way. I checked USPS tracking this morning and it had also been updated overnight.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

  7. #17
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    At this time of year a delay of a few days isn't unusual. Had this happen with an order from another company recently but it did arrive.

  8. #18
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Please stop and think for just one moment how is Missouri Star able to control when back orders arrive? Do you understand what backorder means? Why did you pin all your plans on a backorder arriving in time for you to make your project? I'm sorry to have to be blunt here, but that makes no sense.
    To be fair, its quite probable she had no idea it was on backorder when she ordered it. THAT happens too. I'd be quite willing to bet she knows exactly what "backorder" means. She's older than 12.
    Last edited by shirleyknot; December 10th, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

  9. Thanks Resie thanked for this post
  10. #19
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Out in the country.
    Posts
    7,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    It is the PO... This time of year, it's going to happen. I have 3 boxes going out this weekend, they have already announced if you want guaranteed Christmas delivery of packages, they need to be shipped by the 10th to the 12th. I have been rushing around to make sure every little thing I want in my sons' Christmas packages are here, wrapped ready to go!

  11. #20
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Schwenksville, PA USA
    Posts
    4,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Return Phone Calls from Missouri Quilt

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela J View Post
    Thanks for this information. I will definitely do this since I have had an item on backorder for a month almost. I didn't know it was on backorder until I contacted MSQC about an order that was not moving from paid, although I was receiving orders placed days after it. ... !
    Angela, my situation was similar. The fabric I ordered was not listed as "out of stock", but, in reality, it was out of stock. So, when my order sat for over a week without any movement, I contacted M*. They let me know that there had been a mistake at their end. The fabric was out of stock, but they were able to give me a restock date. It was from there that I took the actions I listed in my previous post.

    M* still has a way to go with their customer service. I say this benevolently. I taught customer service representatives for many years, so I am very familiar with CS and call centers. They are not Amazon, or Target, or even Joann's. But I have seen that they do their best for their customers and they are willing to learn from their mistakes. They are still a Mom and Pop company, even though they have such a high volume of business. That is okay with me. I just consider them a LQS - but online.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •