Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 12-8-15, Happy Hanukkah

Hanukkah began on Sunday - wishing all who are celebrating a happy holiday.

Hoping all is going well for all our forum members, whether you are celebrating a holiday now, or preparing for one later, or are just enjoying the last days of 2015.

I am moving onto the next stage in various projects, requiring either basting, or setting up a different machine, or pulling out a lot of fabric to find the right backing. Last night I wasn't ready to do any of that, but wanted to do a bit of sewing. I went to my tumbler leader/enders and joined a bunch of them together and put them up on my wall. I am working with the 2.5" tumblers. I wasn't too sure I was going to like how they looked, but I do! The bummer is I am still having problems with posting pictures, so I can't share a picture with you.

Have a good week, everyone. Let us know what you are doing.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12-8-15, Happy Hanukkah

Last week's goal was to finish the Christmas Quilt--Yay, I did it! http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...ing-quilt.html

This week's goal (other than to live through Finals week and figuring grades [Ack--math!]) is to get some work done on a few ongoing projects. I've a string quilt to layer and baste, some blocks to make for a Wickedly Easy quilt, and the BH mystery clue on Friday. The good thing is that none of these need to be done by Christmas, so I can pick and choose depending on what I'm in the mood to do.

Wishing everyone a productive week.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia, I am with you on the picture taking. I can't get them off of my little phone camera onto the computer. It's a silly tracfone so that is really the issue. Sigh.

This is the very first year I have not had a Hannukah celebration going. I was not wise enough to count ahead the days or consult a calendar. My grand dad would be sad for me, lol. We always said we had the best of all celebrations - Hannukah and Christmas; Passover and Easter. It certainly has enriched my life and for that I am ashamed of myself today. I'll get over it. I may have to look for and pull out the dreidel Pops made for me as a child.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Today is a holiday in my country so my week start tomorrow, anyway I´m working a little sewing because we have a rather sad day and it´s already 6 pm., this week I have to make a dress for a DGD participates in a typical representation on December 24 ofthernoon, is a character of Basque Mithology is called "LAMIA" and part woman and duck fect, I hope I stay pretty, Hoping that everyone has a great week, greeting

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Hanukkah!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing all my forum friends who celebrate a Happy Hanukkah!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Hanukkah for those that celebrate it and happy holidays to all!
    I am charging my little camera to try and get some pictures. took me forever to find the charge I keep loosing it lol. I have a quilt to FMQ and I finished the table runner. Trying to decide if I want to FMQ or just do some straight line quilting to set off the design. Got another stocking outside done and need to do the liner and hanger. Stuck trying to find some fabric for my log cabin so just pecking away at things.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just so you can tell how much of a newbie I am, what are tumbler leader/enders?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty happy with my work today. I finished the throw top for the living room, now to figure out what would be pretty on the back for the wall hanging and throw.

Then I tackled the real job, cleaning my sewing room. Oh MY! It's been through several quilts since Mom passed, with several more to go. It's clean for today and probably through next week. After that, I'm not promising anything!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judimccl View Post
    Just so you can tell how much of a newbie I am, what are tumbler leader/enders?
    Here is a link to Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville where she describes the challenge.

I quilted the baby quilt tonight, and I will put binding on it tomorrow. Once the binding is on the quilt, that will be the second project I have started and finished since Thanksgiving. If you are reading this, Mom, yay for me! You know how many projects I've started that are still not finished. The first year that Mom and I were both making quilts, we each started 20 or so projects. Mom finished all but one of hers; I finished only one of mine.