Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12/1/15 We are making a list and checking it twice....

Okay seriously I do really have to make a list now! Somehow what I was trying to accomplish is growing in size instead of shrinking... And time is definitely
    drift drifting away....

So on my list for this week is more stockings!!!! I have four done now and somehow now have six or seven or is it eight more to do. I really need to learn how to use the embroidery on my Pfaff. And how to say NO!
    What do you have on your list??
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 12-1-15 - a month of holidays

What a busy month this will be. There are many holidays to celebrate; special meals to cook; tasty desserts to make and bake! But let's all stay calm enough to enjoy this time and not let it stress us out, okay?

I have 3 projects that just need a tad more work in order for them to be finished, and that is what I will be working on this week. I'm not feeling well right now; I think it is because of the novocaine from yesterday's dental work. So I am going to go back to sleep right now, but I will be checking in again later and hope to read about other's plans for this week.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12/1/15 We are making a list and checking it twice....

Uh oh! We were posting at the same time! I will see if I can get my post deleted.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Need to quilt my daughter's Christmas quilt this week--I'd like to give it to her early, so she can use it this holiday season instead of waiting until next year.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I merged the two threads for you.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have two or three table runners to do, 4 more sets of elf feet (for oreo cookie sleeves), 3 bionic gear bags to do, no sew quilted ornaments (I want to do at least 8 or 10) for my tree, a turtle pillow to make for a gift for a friend, and I know there are some I forgot until I go out to my sewing room and see what's sitting there. A neighbor is coming tomorrow morning with an embroidery project she wants me to do for her (gifts for her grandchildren), so I need to go clean up my room before she comes. Then tomorrow afternoon maybe I can get out there and do my projects
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to cut out my younger son's Family Guy quilt. Also cutting binding strips. Long arm is still in Utah so not looking good to finish everything on time. So my list will be made out in order of who can wait for their finished quilt (adults) and who can't (kids). I think (or maybe its wishful thinking) I can finish several if the machine is back here and working before the 10th.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12-1-15 - a month of holidays

Hi Sylvia - get a lot of rest and hope you feel better soon. I just finished a stocking for my granddaughter and now thinking of trying to get a simple table runner started AND FINISHED

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I don't sound like a scrooge, but I don't have anything else that has to be finished before Christmas. Don't get the wrong idea. It's not because the list has been made and checked twice, and everything is wrapped and ready for gifting. It's just that I know that quilting/sewing would become a stressful burden for me if I imposed a lot of deadlines in the Christmas season. I am horrible at estimating the amount of time required by projects, and I sometimes I have so many ideas for projects that I get bogged down in the planning stages and don't seem to actually get seams through the sewing machine.

Even though I don't have Christmas deadlines on projects, I have a long list of things to do. The only one that has a deadline at this point is a half square triangle challenge at my local quilt guild. That is a 35" x 35" project that is due at the beginning of March. I have the design drawn out, and I have to make a decision on what colors I'm using before I start making the pieces. Right now, though, I'm working on HSTs for the Bonnie Hunter Allietare mystery.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You have your priorities set! Awesome. You know, I might just find out, or decide, that I just can't get it all done and set my own priorities. There's always next year, right??? Or birthdays or just any day coming when we can surprise someone with our gifts of love! Merry Christmas everyone, and make it all stress free. We put too much pressure on ourselves and I'm very guilty of this.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon