Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12-8-15, Happy Hanukkah

Your pieces are lovely, Splinter.

I finished Clue 3:

Attachment 122454

Attachment 122455

I'm going to work on pieces for my Jamestown Landing this afternoon.

School is done for the semester--yay! More time to sew!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My WIPs this week are pillowcases. I am making six to match one quilt and at least two to match another. One part of this that is fun is that I am learning to use my embroidery stitches on my machine. I have been putting a different little pretty stitch on the cuffs or hems. So I'm telling myself that having "embroidered linens" is a luxury! I limit myself to one pillowcase a day so I don't make myself sick of doing them. The ones that are all one piece of fabric are easy peasy, but some of the pieced ones...ai yi yi. And when those embroidery stitches go awry, it is sure a task to rip them out. Good luck to all who are stitching this season!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Anita- thanks for the Harry Potter tip, I can't wait to check it out this week!! YES, THIS WEEK!!

Sylvia- you forgot that I sew for myself too! LOL! I made myself a nice new top this week, I'm so looking forward to getting home this week and diving in to my great big pile of knit fabrics that I ordered to make the kids and I some very comfy and delicious clothes ;-)

I have my arrows quilt partially quilted, it will have to wait until we return from our trip. My son is excited about it, but I'm pretty sure he will be easily distracted over Christmas.

We have about 26 more hours until we go to the airport. then it will be about 30 hours before we are back in our house.... I just can't wait!!! I'm going to eat all the Cheeze-Itz!! ;-)

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Lou, if I were away from home for an extended period, I would probably eat the Cheeze-Itz, too. I pray that you and your family have a safe trip, and I'll be thinking of you about this time two days from now. I will be at a Christmas party at work, and I'll bet those pieces of cheezy baked goodness will be on hand.

I've started a HST project for my local quilt guild. The entire top has to be HST, though applique and other embelishments may be added on top of the HSTs. As usual, I've really gone overboard with the design. I made 20 HSTs last night and pieced 16 of them together. I only have 1136 left to make. See, I told you I went overboard. This project is due at the beginning of March, and I'm actually surprising myself by starting on it before mid-February. It's being made with my favorite colors, so I am really excited to see it come together. I'll post a picture when the design begins to emerge from the pieces.