Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 12-8-15, Happy Hanukkah

Splinter - thank you for posting the Bonnie Hunter Leader/Ender project and explanation. I couldn't find it! But I did find a work around to my picture posting problem. I have to load my pictures onto another computer, and email it to myself! The problem is with my Chromebook. I'll see if my son-in-law can help with the solution. It involves bring the Chromebook back to the factory settings. I don't want to do that on my own. Anywhoooooo .... finally, a picture of the partially completed leader/ender quilt top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC080003.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	122326
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How rewarding it is when I do a leader and ender. I like yours Sylvia.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the leader/ender sylvia!! I'm not that organized with my scraps... though I wish I were sometimes...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have a couple here Mr. and Mrs. Small... and yes, she is about 4'9"..LOL
    They always have a celebration for their assorted group of friends that she calls "HunnahMas"... so cute
    In my ornament mailings, I have 15 that celebrate the Jewish Holidays and perhaps Christmas as well,, they get theirs at the appropriate time)
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the info.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that leader/ender project looks wonderful. I think I will join in. I have a die for tumblers I've been wanting to use. I'm still working on my Christmas list. Ive got my time table on the calendar and it looks good, but we all know life happens. Ohhhh, I will post a pick tomorrow but if your a Harry Potter fan Joanns has in some cottons, flannel, and fleece. The fabric has the movie characters, I love it and hope they keep making more prints. I added several yards to my stash.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plentziana View Post
    Today is a holiday in my country so my week start tomorrow, anyway Im working a little sewing because we have a rather sad day and its already 6 pm., this week I have to make a dress for a DGD participates in a typical representation on December 24 ofthernoon, is a character of Basque Mithology is called "LAMIA" and part woman and duck fect, I hope I stay pretty, Hoping that everyone has a great week, greeting
    Would love to see your DGD's dress that you made her. I can just imagine it is beautiful! Can you post a picture for us to see it?

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday! I haven't done much sewing in the last two nights, so I'm eager to get back to it for this weekend. My mom and I are going to Hamilton to see the Christmas trees nine days from now, and we will be staying there for two nights. I'm trying to get some things finished up and organized here before I start packing for the trip. Of course, my sewing machine is going with me.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    I love the leader/ender sylvia!! I'm not that organized with my scraps... though I wish I were sometimes...
    Lou, I am a recent organizer of my scraps! Until this summer, all my scraps were muddled together. This will be my second quilt made from scraps. I still have a stack of fabric to cut, but aside from that, I am keeping to my promise to cut and organize my scraps at the finish of each project.

Of course, I don't have a family of four to care for, a full time job, and sew clothing for my children as well as quilt. I would say you have a bit more to take up your time before you can get to organizing your scraps!
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have the clue completed, but I have enough to show you what my first three clues look like. I have not cut the squares and rectangles from clues 2 and 3 that will be used later. I am waiting to see how they are used before I cut them. I haven't picked my fabrics ahead of time, so I am letting the sewing instructions for each clue inspire me. I had some difficulty deciding which fabrics to use for the four-patch blocks, but the idea came to me on my way home from work yesterday. I have a few purple fat quarters that haven't seemed to match any purple that I've used in other projects. I decided to pull them out and use them together in this mystery quilt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2178.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	122453